I personally am glad for women who wear tight, low cut-clothing. As an adult, heterosexual male I rather enjoy looking at attractive women. I enjoy breasts as well. Wanna wear a scoop top? Bikini top? Halter top? No problem!

The problem isn't looking, it's staring. Men and women alike wish to look good, to be sexually attractive. The problem is rarely the appreciative glance, it's blatant staring.

Breasts are a sexual signalling device, one that identifies a sexually mature women. They're like a worm on nature's fishook. Evolution designed them to attract men, and they do. Some women use this attraction. They may crave attention, and the rush it provides. Some use their attractiveness to manipulate. Others just want to get noticed at all. And, as Demeter pointed out, it might just be hot outside.

I have met very few women opposed to an admiring glance. But staring at someone's chest suggests that the starer might not be so desirable. For one thing, unless you're the mad scientist in the film Frankenhooker, breasts mean nothing unless attached to a real, live woman. A human being. Standard equipment includes a brain, personality and sense of humor. Staring at her boobs suggests we've forgotten or don't care about the rest. Some men don't! But it is the woman who really matters, not the bait.

Staring also suggests that we really don't have it together ourselves. I've have been left breathless a few times, particularly when young. I suspect a sincerely stunned man is flattering to most women. But it's really hard to begin a conversation when you can't breathe. Makes it hard to ask for a date, too, or even explore the possibility of something more than skin-deep. Staring suggests we're immature, lack confidence, have a bad personality or simply suffer from a dysfunctional brain. Inexperience is not sexy in men.

I would ask some indulgence in a woman for a younger man. It takes a while to get used to the testosterone overload puberty throws at you. And quieter, geeky guys sometimes develop their social skills later. A young starer might be a pretty nice guy who just hasn't figured everything out yet.

But as guys, we have to fight through our testosterone, and force ourselves to look women in the eyes. It gets easier with age, and can even become second nature. We may even wish to admit it when we're left speechless. In fact, a gawky admission shows humility, and such phrases can usually be assembled, even within the most short-circuited brain. After all, her breasts are not going away. They'll still be there later, after you've discovered all the other wonderful things about her.

If you feel the need to compliment some woman's breasts, don't. If she's stacked, she already knows. After all, she buys her own bras. Tell her she is pretty. As you compliment her the person, you'll also be complimening the breasts that are part of that person.