(BattleTech)

A 70-ton clan OmniMech. (Inner Sphere scum call this one Thor.)

Summoner is often seen as the pair of Timber Wolf. Like Timber Wolf, Summoner is an excellent 'Mech to deal damage with in many different situations.

Summoner is a relatively large 'mech. It's bipedal, and has sort of a "non-symmetrical" appearance. The cylindrical missile launcher on the shoulder makes it look a bit like the venerable Hunchback design.

In most of the configurations, Summoner has very good heat dissipation. Weapons sing, and you can barely feel the heat building up!

The most common configurations found in the battlefield are the Prime and A. The Prime configuration has LB 10-X Autocannon, LRM-15 and an ER PPC. The A configuration has a SRM-6, a Gauss rifle and a large pulse laser. Both are pretty deadly; Prime is pretty curious because it doesn't have any lasers.

B configuration, much rarer than Prime or A, is a missile-crazy star commander's best friend: Two LRM-20s, two SRM-4s, anti-missile system and a Narc beacon launcher. Does not sound like a good front-line choice due to total lack of weapons other than missiles and reload times may be somewhat bad...

C configuration carries an Ultra AC/20 (pretty nifty weapon - with a lucky shot, it not only blows the socks off, it can remove the whole damn leg...), a Streak SRM-6 and ER Large and small lasers.

D configuration is more suited for those who think ammunition resupply is for weaklings - lots of lasers, a machine gun, dual anti-missile system and targeting computer.

(Source: Technical Readout 3050)