Goldfinger is a ska/punk four-piece band from Los Angeles, CA. Right around the time of Sublime, Goldfinger helped progress the ska movement in their own, undercurrent way. John Feldmann, guitarist and vocalist, along with Darrin Pfeiffer, drummer, and Simon Williams, bassist and vocalist, formed the base of the group along with a guitarist that dropped before any recordings were released. This phantom string plucker was replaced with Charlie Paulson using little material to learn from. In 1995 the band released a six-track EP titled Richter. This was received decently from the music community but was most popular on college campuses. This was the springboard that led Goldfinger to sign with Universal.

In 1996 the band released their self-titled album, a tour with No Doubt, the Sex Pistols, and Reel Big Fish, and a video of their song “Here in Your Bedroom”. This was also followed by a groundbreaking series of shows on the Vans Warped Tour. In 1997 the band released Hang Ups which did nothing more than keep them from sinking. Another strong life raft for the foursome was the cover song “More Today Than Yesterday”, which was featured on The Waterboy soundtrack. In 1998 Williams left the band and was replaced by Kelly Lemieux to record the cover album Darrin’ Coconut Ass: Live in 1999. The release of Stomping Ground in 2000 was accompanied by a European and American tour. In 2001 the band saw another edit when Paulson left. Just as Goldfinger attained a new label, Jive/Zoomba, Brian Arthur filled Paulson’s shoes. With Arthur on board they released their 2002 album: Open Your Eyes.

Goldfinger Discography (with notable tracks)