16:06

Card just informed me that one of our EFnet friends was found dead in her apartment yesterday.
I don't have to tell you how much this fucking sucks. She was 29 years old. I keep hoping it's only the single sickest joke ever and she'll join the channel at any moment.
In addition to the sadness, I feel angry at myself for not getting to know her better during all the years we idled on the same channel. Sure, there was the issue of timezones - when I was off work she was working, and when she got off work I was already sleeping.. But that's no excuse. We talked every now and then, but it was mostly just normal shallow chitchat. And now there's nothing left to be done.

In the end, life goes on. If anything, this will make me try to tighten my relationships to friends who are still with us. I was originally going to write a typical day log whining about my mundane "problems", but they seem unbelieveably unimportant at the moment.
Goodbye, Amy.


18:52

I see the Systematically Downvoting Pussies™ are busy today. Go ahead and do your worst. It would take a lot more than a few pathetic cowards to stop me from noding.

That being said, today has been a good day for noding. But that is probably only because I am subconsciously trying to put off what I am supposed to be doing: filling out some BS forms for the Finnish military.
I guess there's no point in fighting it. I will spend 13 months of my life in civil service, and my "service" will most likely begin in less than 12 months. It's not that I'm complaining - there are countries where the only options are army and prison. With my extensive experience with geeky stuff I will most likely be able to get a job doing some more geeky stuff. A few more lines to add to my curriculum vitae. The downside is that I am used to working for a paycheck. The pay one gets from civil service is.. Well, a joke.
It also sucks that although I have no intention of serving my country in the military, I have to fill up their moronic forms and take their psychologic tests.. Even when I have already done this twice 2 and 4 years ago. I also have to attend two physical examinations tomorrow and on Tuesday. I guess all this is a small price to pay for being born in a country with thousand lakes, a high standard of living and no ongoing conflicts.


00:05

Apologies for the outburst in the previous update.. I haven't been in the best of moods since I heard the news. Not that I wouldn't stand behind my words. There just might be more pleasant and PC ways to say them.
The forms are filled out, and tomorrow morning I'm heading for the first checkup. As my quest for a healthier way of life has been moving towards way too slowly, I'm excepting harsh words and feeling guilty about not trying hard enough afterwards. Plus plenty of silent discontent from my boss about missing a work trip due to my chekups. A perfect way to start the week, eh? :)