During a nap in the middle of the day, I was vaguely conscious that I was sleeping. The dream follows...

I woke up groggily and looked at the clock. 4:00 p.m. I had left AIM runing on the computer, I supposed that people were looking for me. Sure enough, everyone had sent me an instant message saying that my boyfriend was looking for me. So I sent him an IM as well telling him that I had just been taking a nap.

i8cheezwhiz: Hi Mike, it's me. I was asleep. You were looking for me?
de Rookie: Teddy just died. Mike S. is really sad about it.
i8cheezwhiz: Wow, that's weird. In class today two other girls were talking about how their cats had just died too.
de Rookie: Yeah, that's pretty messed up. I have to get back to work now though.
i8cheezwhiz: I think I'm going to go to campus and get something to eat.
de Rookie: ok.

I put myself together and started walking to school. Somehow I found myself in a small restaurant with some people from school. I ordered a Coke and suddenly the lights went out. The management told us that there was a thunderstorm and we should all stay inside. That made me angry because everyone in the restaurant was smoking and I could not breathe. So I ignored them and went outside, where two girls were crying near a minivan. I asked them "what's wrong?" and they told me that their cat had just died. What was it with all these dead cats? I continued walking toward campus and found myself next to a guy I work with named Ben. We did not talk at all. Instead, I got out my cell phone and called my boyfriend at work.
"Mike, are we going to Mango's tonight?"
"No, I am very busy and Serben is too upset about his cat to do anything."
"But it's already 4:30! I don't have time to cook!"
"Don't worry about it. There's Panda Delight take out still in the refrigerator. That's almost Thai food. We can go to Mango's another time."

But I had gotten to school so I ended the call. We ended up at the food court in the University union. Ben ordered a Big Mac and New Coke. I opted for a cheeseburger and orange soda. I was still a little out of it from getting up so quickly, so I kept running into other people and things, but mostly I was running into Ben. I was scared that he would think I was trying to flirt with him, so I apologized. However, he did not seem to mind at all. They called our order number...and then I woke up into reality.

Never even got to eat the cheeseburger.