Goodbye, and hello, as always
Green eyes, black hair, dressed in black and silver, yes. I had on a cloak and it was slightly furled as by a wind. I had on black boots, like Eric's, and I too bore a blade, only mine was heavier, though not quite as long as his. I had my gloves on and they were silver and scaled. The clasp at my neck was cast in the form of a silver rose. Me, Corwin.
Ok, so maybe that doesn't really describe me so well, but Zelazny's Corwin is better-looking (and better-dressed) than I usually am, so I'll stick with it.
My E2 Milestones
- September 10, 2002 - became an Initiate (and just in time, a day later and someone else would have snagged my username)
- September 13, 2002 - First node, a daylog
- First C! - Gilderoy Lockhart, chinged by tandex
- November 15, 2002 - became a Novice with "The Flupandemic"
- November 22, 2002 - became the first graduate of the BrooksMarlin School of Noding (A big thanks to BrooksMarlin for being my mentor, and to Chark for suggesting I request one)
- November 25, 2002 - First multiple C! writeup: Sarah Josepha Hale, chinged by haze and Jet-Poop. Thanks for the encouragement ;)
- January 8, 2003 and January 11, 2003 - Teased by the honor roll, I was briefly an Acolyte before returning to Novicehood
- January 14, 2003 - Became Acolyte thanks to lifting knife and the honor roll
- February 5, 2003 - Broke 1000 XP
- March 15, 2003 - Broke 1500 XP
- May 1, 2003 - Broke 2000 XP
Ok, if you're still here, you might well be wondering just who is this guy, really? Well, theologians have been debating this issue for centuries, and have not yet reached any adequate solutions. Here's what we do know:
- I married my high school sweetheart (several years after we graduated) and we have a beautiful daughter.
- I am a professional geek. For work, I develop web applications using ASP. For play, I code them in Perl. In both areas, I've gotten heavily into XML.
- I have a degree in German Language and Literature, but haven't spoken the language fluently in almost ten years.
- I've got some formal training in linguistics, but I discovered I really didn't want to be an academic for all eternity before I managed to get a degree in it as well.
- I'm a voracious reader. When I get ahold of a new book by an author I like, I usually inhale it in a single sitting, no matter how late I have to stay up. I'm always looking for more to read and more examples of book reviews here on Everything, so if you know of any good ones, /msg me.
- I'm hopelessly addicted to Sid Meier's Civilization III.
That's a good start. Feel free to /msg me if you'd like to know more. I'm usually much friendlier online than I am in person ;)
corwin is one of the few hospitals in the state that offer at your request room service
corwin is perhaps best known as the most gifted documentarian of the spirit
corwin is considered by many observers to be the world's foremost writer in the golden age of radio
corwin is a state of the art community resource with 225 actual beds
corwin is frantically trying to wrap up a short study on the phylogeny of tetrapods
corwin is the hottest guy in the world and he is soo funny
corwin is developing a series of books about natural history
corwin is a man capable of modulating his artistic ability to produce many moods
corwin is a stunning american fashion and swimwear model
corwin is available to administer chemotherapy
corwin is 3 years old
Here are some things I'm planning to node as time permits:
- Books and Authors
Douglas Prestonand Lincoln Child Robert B. Parker
- Susan Silverman
- Various Spenser novels
- Charles Berlitz
- Clive Cussler novels
- Tony Hillerman
- Dinosaurs of the Flaming Cliffs
F. Paul Wilson
- Other Stuff
And finally, a few things that have struck my fancy during my wanders through these hallowed nodes...