So far my Memorial Day has been spent working and eating Mexican food. In a couple hours, I'll go to the gym, then I'll go home early and crash out with the cat. I put a new name tag on her when I moved across the city. I labeled her name as "Alligator" and put a line promising a reward if found across the bottom. When I leave the house, I frequently chant "all-ih-gay-ter" very broken and pronounced, or yell "See you later, ALLIGATOR!" The cat really seems to respond to being paid so much attention. She runs to the door when I get home and comes to bed with me when it's time. She goes out to sleep elsewhere, but comes back when I wake up. She fetches, she mews, she's good. I'm glad for the cat.

My boyfriend left Lumberton North Carolina today for Washington DC. He is continuing his circle around the U.S., which started here in Phoenix. Only 5 more weeks of hoping he's doing fine and wishing he were here.

While he's gone I'm hoping to drop some of the weight that my medication has helped me gain. I used to be 120, and now I'm at 138 (down from the high of 140). I am full of food and nearly ready for a nap now, and I am not looking forward to the elliptical machine or the situps. I chose this route over dieting though, and I plan to stick to it. Somehow it seems smarter than the Atkins diet.