Day One of My Week Off from Work


Today I woke up late, around noon, and went down to my favorite coffee shop and wasted my entire day drinking coffee and writing and drawing, doodling and chatting until around 5:30 when I went to school.

It was a better day that it sounds.

First interesting thing that happened, (I am not making this up) as I was pulling into the parking lot across from the coffee-house I saw a guy get punched in the face.
Apparently this guy was scratching the parking attendants truck with a nail or his watchband, or something, so the parking attendant guy gets out of his little both and punches this guy right through his cup of coffee and hits him right in his mouth.
When I got out of my car and saw what happened, the guy was covered in hot coffee and blood. The guys hair was all covered in coffee and the front of his shirt was covered in coffee, and next to him his cup lay on the ground, totally busted, meanwhile this guy is bleeding out of his nose and mouth. (It sounds disgusting, but it was pretty cool to see first thing in the morning, which was actually the afternoon, but morning to me.)

So I eventually got into the coffee shop after chatting with the small crowd that had formed around the two men, had some coffee, read some more (I'm reading Naked Lunch by William Burroughs right now, it's crazy).
Later on, some kids were skateboarding outside, and they all were using one guys board (not at the same time, separately). So they are taking turns. All of a sudden the police roll up, and everyone gets off the sidewalk and "hides" in the coffee shop, and most of the skaters run off also. Here in Asheville, NC, skating is illigal on the streets, public parks or any place other than the Skate Parks, so two kids got bitched at by a cop.

I've decided that I'm going to actually do something this week that I don't work, I mean, I should do something meaningful. I'd like to be able to say "Look what I did! I made this." by the end of this week.