Alot has happened since my last daylog (2 days ago, I believe).

On Monday (March 26, 2001) I went to a Free Radio Asheville meeting at a local coffee-shop called Vincent's Ear.
First, Free Radio Asheville(FRA) is an illegally run radio station running on the frequency 107.5 FM (right now) over the Buncombe County, North Carolina area, I could give you lots of little facts about FRA, but I don't want to, because I don't know who on E2 is affiliated with theFCC.

Plus, right now I'm kind of afraid of the government, after reading a book about how David Koresh and his peacefull cohorts were gassed and burnt much like Jews in the Holocaust by Good 'Ole Uncle Sam Himself.

Anyhow, I went in last night for my first radio "show", and went back today around 3:30, and I plan on going again until about 5:30 tomorrow.
Basically, anyone can get a spot on FRA, because there is alot of Dead Air, which is bad.
A quote from the FRA handout for new DJ's:

"Anything is better than silence. We'll take amature drivel, rawness, or confusion over silence."

So I said "Hey, I can do drivel, rawness and confusion!"

So, I've taken on the radio DJ surname. "Curious Yellow", which is the famous Vurt Feather in the Jeff Noon books Vurt and Pollen.

I'm thinking of a name for my show right now. I'm thinking of something along the lines of "The Ill-Bent Radio Show".

Note: Ill-Bent is a term that DJ Spooky made up in order to describe his own music, I think it's a pretty nifty term, I hope he doesn't mind if I use it.
Special Note to Paul D. Miller: Spooky, if you ever read this, and you don't want me ganking your ideas, you can just /msg me, and I'll stop.

Anyhow, what I've been doing on the show is playing intrumental tracks, like hip hop instrumentals (Wu-Tang Clan instrumentals, mostly, although I'm not a remendous Wu-Tang Fan) or just electronic music like DJ Logic, or Autechre, while simultaneously playing around on one of the turntables, scratching anything frum Sun Ra to educational wax about The Scarlet Letter or The Boston Massacre.

It's a really fun thing to do to pass the time between work, school, noding and sleep.