This is for all you voyeurs out there, who love to read a life. if that's not you, ignore this.
So, uh, i call Scott back. The guy who answers says, Scott who? I don't know his last name! Just Scott. He called me. Ok, just joking, his housemate Terry, joke with you later. Scott asks, so, do you drink beer? Well. I have been known to do that on occasion.

He's gonna play some music with his friends, and then i'll go to his house (my house? not a good idea. i don't elaborate.) He'll call. I commence to make dinner, and wonder what reasonable excuse i could have. I decide to go with brazen ambiguity. So, while we're eating, i tell Dan that my friend Scott might call and i'll be going out. No reaction.

Lordy! he does call. I head on over.

They're sitting around, several of the walls are covered with concert posters and i look around to try to get some clues or context. They ask if i smoke. I say no, and pass the bowl on when it reaches me. Actually, i have in the past, but i always cough uncontrollably, and that's just not.. impressive. People and dogs are in & out of this house. We drink cheap beer. Eventually, they put on a video - this is neat - of a silent film version of Peter Pan, which they (the band) wrote a score for and performed at several art theaters around the area. It's pretty funny. The music is quite good. There was a child sitting near the cameraperson, and the comments sound like they are part of the score.

Scott's room, as he promises, is the smallest bedroom i've seen. It's a closet, with about 5 inches to spare outside of the mattress. The walls are covered with a silver insulating-type material like plastic packing bubbles, and the ceiling slopes all the way down to the head of the "bed". Above the door (which is a mexican blanket) it says

Welcome to the Cave!

Below the door is a solid-state television, on top of which is a VCR which doesn't work, a VCR which does work, a clock radio and a good ol' tapedeck radio. Not very high tech. As high tech as he gets apparently.

He's very - forward. And he's got a filthy mouth, which i find incredibly funny. Oh, and he seems to have a healthy ego. Signs point to this being my first purely physical and fun-type dalliance. Interesting.

I go home and straight to bed. Hmmm-hmmm hmmm. Thinking about all kinds of things, i'm glad i maneuvered my way into having my own room. I dream of colored eggs with mysterious contents.