Advance to Boardwalk was a Monopoly spin-off game released in 1988 by Parker Brothers, named after the famous chance card of the same name. The idea was fairly simple, across the boardwalk, you would have a series of properties, on which you would build high-rise apartments. Control of these properties lead to victory in the game.

The board is structured as follows. Discarding all artwork elements, the board is divided lengthwise into two sections: A sequence of properties, and a net value bar, which you move up to complete your goal. (As with almost any board game) The idea is to reach this goal before your opponent.

During your turn, you roll the dice, and then use that much "income" to buy hotels, and hostily take over properties on the boardwalk, by stacking them on existing properties. By taking control of those properties, you up your net worth. There are different colors of properties, each worth increasing value. As with Monopoly, there are high elements of chance and the like, including "Fortune" cards, that add only good elements.

It is a less brain-driven and overall fun strategy game. It was released in a sort of Monopoly revival by Parker Brothers, along with other faily decent Clone games such as Free Parking and Water Works. While not as original as Free Parking, it is still quite a high quality game, and one worth owning.