6:10pm

Today is my birthday!


1:18am

My parents came by today at around 10am, which was a bit early for me, as I expected to sleep until around noon. We went out for groceries and had chili dogs for lunch.

I went into work at 7pm and had the usual bi-weekly sunday server rebooting. We finished everything up and I was just shutting down my computer to go and one of the two other guys there told me he wanted me to go check something out. He took me to the company kitchen where all of my friends suprised me with a birthday party. I was totally unexpecting.

I've never been so suprised before in my life. Some of these people live quite a distance away to have come here just for that. There was AS, TC, her boyfriend, JS, his wife, Sara, and CR. AS was the one who I expected to be there, as he is our sysadmin. I wondered why he wanted to be so sure to be there since he doesn't usually need to be there for just server reboots. He had called me earlier in the day to find out what time I'd be there. I'm pretty sure TC set the whole thing up as she is good friends with AS. It was an excellent plan that worked perfectly. I was totally suprised.

After much eating of cake and various other foods (pretzels, cheesecake, and baby carrots) we went out for a round of bowling. I haven't done that since grade school. They weren't giving me a break for my birthday though; I still got my ass kicked. I think I got a 58. TC got over a hundred and CR had something like 160.

Even though I was suprised about the whole thing, I was even more so to see Sara there; though she might have just been hanging around with CR today and came there to tag along.

In case you haven't been reading my daylogs, Sara is the first person I have ever 1) asked out, 2) been on a date with, 3) fell in love with, and 4) been crushed by (I was given the "let's just be friends" routine).

She gave me a hug and I didn't really feel too weird or anything around her like I have before. It's strange that they would have invited her though since I know they know I'm still trying to get over her. I think I'm getting there though; I don't feel too bad anymore about the whole let's just be friends thing. I still feel something for her, though it's not as strong as before.

I feel great though. Their suprise plan couldn't have been executed more perfectly. All of my best friends were there and they totally shocked me. This will probably be one of the most memorable birthdays of my life.