To make Uno (the card game) a lot more fun and fast-paced, try this extra-rule the next time you play:

If you, during the game, have a card identical (same number, same color) to the one just laid, you may jump turns and lay this card, if you can do it before the next card is laid by the next player in line. If you succeed, you have stolen the turn and the player next to you continues the game as usual.

This rule also goes for all the special cards. The draw two and wild draw four cards accumulates when jumping turns like this, so the person next to you will have to draw four cards if you jump turns on a draw two somebody else put down. The skip cards do however not accumulate.

Also, we have the following collaries:

  • You may "send on" a draw two or wild draw four, if it's your turn, by laying a card of similar kind. The next person will then have to draw the accumulated number of cards if he can't (or won't) "send on" to the next player.
  • Any person who thinks he has to draw one or more cards, and starts doing so, must draw these cards, even if it turns out he didn't have to. This "resets" the accumulated number of drawing cards for the next player.
  • If someone does something wrong, stop the game and trace back to where things went astray, and continue from there. No punishment for errors.
  • You may jump turns on yourself if you have two identical cards. You must, however, lay them each separately (not both at the same time).
  • You may not have a wild card as your last card.
  • You may do this: It's your turn, the color is yellow, and you have two yellow fives left. You put the first one down, yell "Uno!", and jump turns on yourself by putting down the second one. You've won!
  • If you can't lay a card, you must draw at least one card and you may draw three. Once you've started drawing the person next to you can continue the game, but you may have your turn if you draw a valid card and lay it fast enough.
  • If someone says "Uno" too late (after the next card is laid or anyone draws a card), he must draw three cards.
  • You may not jump turns on a draw two or wild draw four you've just had to draw cards because of.
Once one person have no cards left, the game stops and the cards the rest of the players have on their hands counts as minus. Wild cards are 50 points, special cards 20, and the number cards count the number of points that the number says.

An example game, the colors are RGBY and special cards skip (S), reverse (R), draw two (+2), wild (W) and wild draw four (W+4). DX indicates the player draws X cards, U means "Uno!". The players are A, B, C, D and E:

A: B3          G+2        WY    BR  RS    R7U                  D1B+2U
B:   B8           R+2             RR    R3     Y7  W+4GU     D8
C:     Y8  GR               WB               R7  Y7     W+4BU              Y+2
D:       YR  GS      R+2      BR      R3                               B+2U
E:                      D6                                           D2
Player C won, since he used all his 7 cards first.

In order for this game to be fun you should be at least 5 players. Playing with two decks of Uno cards is even more fun.