This node details all of the different classes you can take in the game Princess Maker 2 (so go read that node first, don't worry, this node will still be here).

The different classes in Princess Maker 2 serve to alter your ability scores, as well as affect the final outcome of the game. You select a course for a period of 10 days at a time. Each day you will accumulate stress and have your ability scores slightly altered. At the end of the ten days you will pay for the course (including any days that you messed up). Not having enough money will cause the class to end early.

There are four levels of classwork, Novice, Adept, Expert, and Master. Each rise in level comes with a raise in tuition. Taking the some classes will affect your daughter's choice of career (see Princess Maker 2 Endings).


Course Catalog
  • Science
    Learn the latest in 13th century science from Barcleo the Alchemist. This class is the quickest way to increase your daughters Intelligence. Unfortunately learning the truth about the world will cause a decrease in both Magical Defense (disbelief), and Faith (science undermines religion even in video games). This class costs 30 gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 40G, Expert: 50G and Master: 60G). Several of the ending depend on taking this course many times. Unless you are going for those ending you avoid this class because of the penalties.

  • Strategy
    Learn The Art of War from the world famous General Kreger. This course increase both Intelligence and Combat Skill. All of the military endings to the game require study of this course. If that is not your bag, then you should avoid this class (because it causes your sensitivity score to decrease). This class is 50 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 70G, Expert: 90G and Master: 110G).

  • Theology
    Learn of the Gods and Goddesses from Sister Lee (the nun). This game is strange in that it combines Nuns with the Greek Mythos. This is one of the most benificial courses in the game. It raises your Faith, Intelligence, and Magical Defense. You can take this course over and over without triggering any of the religous endings (those require more than just classwork). This class is 40 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 60G, Expert: 80G and Master: 90G).

  • Poetry
    Learn the art of poetry from Comsock the bard. Beware of this class. If your daughter does not have any overwhelming skills, then taking this class more than once will almost certainly trigger the writer ending. This course adds to Sensitivity, Refinement, Intelligence, and Art. This class is 40 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 60G, Expert: 80G and Master: 100G).

  • Fighting
    Learn the art of combat from the famed martial artist Carl Fox. This is the best way to raise your Combat Defense score (it also adds to Combat Skill). This class is 30 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 40G, Expert: 50G and Master: 60G), you will however max out your skills in this course long before the Master level.

  • Fencing
    Let Leftor the one eyed swordsman teach you the ancient art of fencing (can you really trust a one eyed fencing instructor?). You do not need to take this class past the Adept level (your scores will be maxed). Taking this class will also trigger a few random challenges from time to time (of the "Fooky Fox challenges you to a duel" sort of thing). This course increases both Combat Skill and Combat Attack. This class is 40 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 70G, Expert: 130 and Master: 190), you will however max out your skills in this course long before you finish the first level.

  • Magic
    Learn the mystic arts of spell casting. This is a good course because magic seems to be more powerful than weapons in this game. The course will increase both your Magical Skill and your Magical Attack (and will trigger random challenges also). This class is 60 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 70G, Expert: 80G and Master 90G).

  • Protocal (it should be Protocol but the game actually spells it wrong).
    This is the course to take if you want to make friends and influence people. The higher ups at the castle will never talk to you until you take this course several times. This raise your Decorum and Refinement scores (and can help you to acheive some of the upper class endings). This class is 40 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 50G, Expert: 60G and Master: 80G).

  • Painting
    Learn to be an artist from Filkins the master painter. This course is a quick path to winning the art competition by the second year. (Actually it is the only way, because you must take this class in order to paint a picture to enter). This course will raise both your Art and Sensitivity scores. The Art class is 40 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 50G, Expert: 60G and Master: 80G).

  • Dance
    Dance class is by far the best course in the whole game. Taught by Ms. Tobi, the dance class will raise Art, Charisma, and Constitution (it also raises Strength slightly, but it is not listed as doing so). This is one of the few courses that is equally beneficial to every girl (no matter what your plan for her is) so plan on taking it a lot. The Dance class is 50 Gold per day at the novice level (Adept: 70G, Expert: 90G and Master 110G).