Reality Doom

  • With August and Genery, I appear on a circular stone platform between two facing buildings of Roman architecture. We enter the larger one and walk slowly down the dark hallway, lit intermittently by torches. The passage turns right into a large circular room with a domed ceiling. We are suddenly attacked by a flame-colored demon, half-minotaur, half-lion. We fight it with our fists until it is dead. Then we walk back the way we came and enter the other building. This one leads down a short flight of stairs to a similar circular room. Again we are attacked by a similar but different monster. This one is covered in soft, orange fur. After we kill it, August and I suddenly appear back on the stone platform. I realize that this is actually a virtual reality Doom game we are designing and this is a test level for the two enemy monsters. We re-enter the small building and approach the now lifeless monster, standing ferociously by the wall. We admire the dark atmosphere of the lighting but focus our attention on the demon. I comment on the texture of its fur which feels like very soft rabbit fur. August likes the realism of its glowing eyes and drooling gums. I give it a few test punches to feel the elasticity of its body and we decide it's a keeper.