A lot of what people think of you is based off of this one question. Your answer determines how a person will come at you and treat you. What to do when your answer is, "I have absolutely no idea."?

Am I worthless to this world for this?

I have no concern with politics, and have been lectured on why I should. I actually agree with the reasons but it creates so much strife for me, at this point, that I avoid it. It automatically sets me up that I will argue with the opposite. It sets me up that they will brand me and treat me different. I don't want that. In the immortal words of "Indigo Swing",

I'm just a regular Joe.

I'm sure if I expressed every opinion I had to someone who was well versed in the ways of politics I could be placed in a category. I know this is possible but in labeling myself, I limit myself of any freedom to know any human being. Besides that, I may encounter someone who provides a perfectly reasonable, and acceptable, retort to, one or more of, my beliefs. It has happened in the past that I end up agreeing with the person I stood at the opposite bank from. Isn't that okay? Isn't that how we grow? Doesn't defining yourself and having an opinion for everything just limit a human's capability to be open minded?

Maybe not and maybe I'm wrong. Knowing Everything2, as I do now, this has already been discussed. I tried to find anything close to what I was going to say but didn't find anything so I noded it. My radical ideas about open-minded individualists have already occured to everyone else. Oh well, this is where I am and this is what I see.

I'm okay with who I am and, while I may not have a strong one way opinion on whether abortion is right or not, I definitely know where I'm going and what I want to be. I guess what I really want to say is something I saw on the side of a building in Albuquerque. If you want to fix the world, first fix yourself. Because of what I've learned on how fast someone will place an assumption on something, I'd like to be perfectly clear.

I am not attacking everyone with political views.

I am, in fact, supporting it, as long as you are sure of who it is YOU are. Getting involved in all the political banter, with things that don't always directly concern you, when you don't know that the people you love know you love them is very foolish to me. Concern yourself with your life before you go on to change the world. I know I'm not ready for any of that yet. I don't want to label myself before I've even tasted what the world has to offer me. I don't want to limit myself before I've even grown into who I am. For now I'll go with the flow, follow my dreams, and decide all of my worldly views and answers when I'm in a position to do so.

This should be a good thing. I won't be some uniformed punk who read up on politics and decided I was the best answer for this country since The Declaration of Independence. I am relieving all of you of one more ignorantly innocent argument to the contrary of your well thought out views. The only thing I hope for is that this is okay. I hope it doesn't mean that I won't be heard and that people will disregard me. I think it's okay. I think it's wise. I hope you agree.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.