Charlotte Hudson was born in 1972 and brought up in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Charlotte was a very intelligent girl, if a little swotty, and it was no surprise when she attended Cambridge University, studying French & Spanish to Master's Degree level and spending a year as an assistant in a French school.

Leaving University and aiming to work in television, Charlotte got a job as a researcher on The Big Breakfast and late-night ITV show Hotel Babylon. She then moved to Rapido TV's Eurotrash, where her duties involved watching hour after hour of hardcore pornography for inclusion in the show. This may go some way to explaining why Charlotte seems to be quite at ease discussing anal sex and the like since.

Charlotte finally got her big break when she was chosen as a presenter for Channel 5's current affairs magazine, What's the Story? She followed up with Are You Being Cheated?, but fearful of being typecast, she decided she needed comic relief and went off to act in a couple of sketch shows (including Bruiser (which can be seen on satellite/cable channel PlayUK) and a sitcom for BBC2.

Following these roles, Charlotte secured a spot as Anne Robinson's assistant on BBC1 consumer show Watchdog, the role which finally made her a household name and a front-runner for the title of 'thinking man's totty'.

After Anne Robinson left the show to take hit gameshow The Weakest Link over the Pond, Charlotte seemed a natural to succeed her. However, when Watchdog returned, Charlotte was nowhere to be seen.

Raised within a stone's throw of Hillsborough, it is no surprise that Charlotte is a Sheffield Wednesday fan. She is a patron of the Owls Trust and was the model for the new home and away kits at the start of the 2001-2002 season.

Charlotte regards her mouth as her best feature, and although she wishes she was slimmer, she is happy with her size 12 figure - as am I :)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.