And once again there is a call to arms, well, to The George, anyway. Time to meet. Time to drink. Time to infest London with the massed noding brains. This time we will spare you the twisted decibels of The Intrepid Fox and all the things that scare the timid noders away. No bottling out, kids!

Latest plans: meeting at The George on Wardour Street in Soho on November 4th.

Time: from 4pm.


That's the pub we ended up in last time, so some people know how to get there.

Closest tubes: Tottenham Court Road, Oxford Circus, Leicester Square.
Check http://www.mapquest.co.uk for location if you don't have an A to Z. The George is closer to the Oxford Street end of Wardour Street.

Drunken noders and fireworks may not be a good mix. Sparklers, however, are to be encouraged, and waved around at any inappropriate moment. Oh, should we find a firework party to go to instead, or is that just too cold and outdoorsy?

Penny for the chilled monkey? Go on! It's got raisins in it!

probably makes sense to post a few mobile numbers to the mailing list for those who weren't around last time, and can't spot a noder at twenty paces

Ah yes, the E2 gathering on what will be from now on known as the fourth of nodevember, it was quite late when I though of this name for the node of the event.

What was it like...?

Hmmm... It went something like this... Woke up at around twelve, after a wine-fuelled friday night. Went to get some brunch, then got the tube to Soho. spiregrain owed me some money and so we went to Gerrys, where they sell almost any kind of alcohol you can imagine.

Anyway, ended up at the George at 15:10. dizzy was there waiting, since he'd beaten us to the pub by a few minutes. After ordering some beer a table became available and we sat down to wait for everyone else. I was surprised by how many people came right up to the table, since we were meerkatting whenever someone entered the pub, to see if they were with us. Although, I admit that our everthing2 styled T-shirts probably gave the game away, we either reallly liked SOY or...? iain arrived first with the monkey, then sm597 and the rest of the crowd, blowdart, fondue, heyoka and gnarl managed to get a drink in before we were kicked out, since unfortunately we had arranged to meet by 16:00 and there was a notice on the window that the pub would be closing at 16:30 due to a private function. D'Oh! Still, we had the chilled monkeywith us and so everything would be ok.

Anyway, most people were there by then, except for girlotron and SpinyNorm so we went over to the Wetherspoons two doors up where much more drink was to be had. Spiregrain and gnarl went out once everyone had arrived to get some cards from the phonebox. This was followed by the ritual signing of the whore-cards, which was pretty funny... I won't spoil any of the details, you'll just have to wait until you get one through the mail.

Unfortunately, it was at this point that my cold started to play up, ruining some of my fun. I managed to last out the evening though. Next time... oh yes indeedy!

Well, I have survived my first everything2 bash...just.... How was it? Well I'll just say that I can't wait to go to the next one.

Until next time, people.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.