Samantha Karen Fox
birth date: April 15, 1966
birth place: London, England, UK

Samantha Fox started modeling topless for the daily issues of The Sun newspaper when she was 16. She quickly became a very popular page 3 girl which helped her land a record contract. Her first single, "Touch Me (I Want Your Body)," was released in 1986. "Touch Me" was unrelenting sexually suggestive dance-pop which quickly rose on the UK charts. This led to an album to be released, Touch Me, and a second single off of it, "Do Ya, Do Ya (Wanna Please Me)."

Touch Me and its singles also did well in the US. Her second album Samantha Fox produced the single "Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)" and went gold. I Wanna Have Some Fun, with its single by the same name, also went gold, but Fox's popularity began to wane.

When her music career started to fade, Samantha tried her hand at acting. She has made guest appearances on several TV shows including Charles In Charge (1984), Never Mind the Buzzcocks (1996), The Young Person's Guide to Becoming a Rock Star (1998), Goodness Gracious Me (1998), and others. She also appeared in two movies Rock Dancer (1994) and The Match (1999) and several made for TV movies.

She came out as a lesbian in 2005.

Albums:
Hot Tracks: The Best of Samantha Fox -- BMG Special (2000)
21st Century Fox -- Ichiban Records (1998)
The Hits Album -- Emporio (1995)
Greatest Hits -- Jive Records (1992)
Just One Night -- Jive Records (1991)
I Wanna Have Some Fun -- Jive Records (1989)
Samantha Fox -- Jive Records (1987)
Touch Me -- Jive Records (1986)
http://www.samfox.co.uk/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.