South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is excellent comedy and parody. When it's not poking fun at racism, Canada, and female genitalia, the plot revolves around a reactionary society that thinks when one kid imitates a stupid stunt in a movie or TV show, it will warp every kid. Ironically, if the parents in South Park spent as much time with their kids as they spent on their ensuing crusade, there probably wouldn't be a problem. In that fashion, Trey Parker and Matt Stone are making a point about parents in real life who have time for everything but raising their kids with some semblance of morals and common sense. These same parents, in the movie and in real life, ironically aren't too busy to water everything down to a Teletubbies mentality so they don't have to actually parent their children. They work themselves up into a real lather after some kid kills himself doing something they should know better than to do at their age. Beavis and Butthead, anyone?

I noticed that sakico did a wu of the ChildCare Action Project's review of South Park: BLU. Any movie that wigs out a fundamentalist group that much has to be good, right?

To find the movie truly amusing, however, one must have a decent knowledge of culture. Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is, at it's heart, parody and cultural satire. It is quite evident throughout this movie (and even the TV series) that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are on a mission to keep people from taking themselves (or their culture) too seriously.

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, is about our favorite group of 4 foul-mouthed, precocious kids. For those who didn't pick up on it, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is also a reference to the preferred condition of male genitalia in porn.

First, the parents hear the children recite the lyrics of Uncle Fucker, from the Terrance and Phillip movie the four children sneak into. The final straw for them is the discovery that Kenny killed himself lighting one of his farts in imitation of an act in the Terrance and Phillip movie.

The parents of South Park hold a public burning of Terrance and Phillip materials. They also have a meeting, in which Cartman is unveiled as the first human recipient of an experimental V-chip that is implanted into the head, and shocks the subject whenever they even think of something considered foul. Terrance and Phillip are arrested in California during an interview about their movie, after the government gives in to pressure from the parents group. The duo are brought to Colorado where they are to be publicly executed at a USO show. In retaliation, Canada bombs The Baldwin Brothers. The four kids decide their parents have gone way too far, and seek the help of a French kid ("The Mole", who smokes, curses out his mother, and thinks he's The French Resistance) to help Terrence and Phillip escape.

Along the way, Chef is drafted into an all-black unit. After a USO show highlighting none other than Big Gay Al, Chef's segregated unit is sent in as the first wave in an invasion of Canada, with all white soldiers going in afterward in an a mission dubbed "Operation: Get Behind Darkie." During the children's mission to rescue Terrance and Phillip, Stan meets a huge talking clitoris that has a voice like some sexual fairy godmother, and has a conversation about how to make Wendy happy.

In all this, there is a subplot involving Satan returning to Earth with Saddam Hussein. It all comes together at the end for one hell (no pun intended) of an ending.

Though the movie was rated R, parents and fundamentalists were worried about children sneaking in to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut," without their parents consent. Ironically, this is exactly what Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny do to see the Terrance and Phillip movie. It was a bit funny that so many people in the mainstream media missed this point entirely.

This has to be the funniest movie I have ever seen - it even beats A Life Less Ordinary while souped up on heather cream. I NEVER get sick of watching it!

Uncle Fucka is an incredibly catchy tune. Blame Canada most certainly WOULD have won that Oscar if not for Disney - incidentally, since Phil Collins performed the Disney song that won, the TV show made it a point to poke fun at him for the next few episodes after the award show.

The incredible multitude of references to and spoofs of other movies is beyond measure. Disney (especially Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid), Les Miserables, and Star Wars were high on the list. My personal favorite, or at least the one that had me screaming into a pillow and pounding the couch with my fists after it was pointed out, is after Stan's vision of the clitoris (voice by Minnie Driver). As she fades away, the other characters are approaching from behind her - just like when Luke sees Obi-Wan Kenobi in The Empire Strikes Back!

The thing is, intense spoofing and the fact that it's South Park aside, it's actually a good movie! Who else but Trey Parker and Matt Stone would dare to challenge American dogma so directly? In the world of comedy we can explore the disastrous results of refusing to take responsibility for our own children.

There was also a sequel on the TV show, a 2-part episode in which Saddam Hussein returns to Hell and bullies Satan into taking him back. Meanwhile, Cartman is trying to raise $10 million as a televangelist. You just gotta see it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.