Through an innovative mix of styles, drawing on UK garage, electro, breaks, drum and bass, techno, dub, reggae and house, the Stanton Warriors have forged a unique sound. Their tough, bass line heavy production style has a way of confounding all attempts to properly define it, as I have demonstrated, but heard on the dancefloor it all makes perfect sense. The beats and bassline could have come straight from drum and bass, but with the music being at a mid-paced tempo, there is enough space in there for melody and innovation to really shine through.

For a great introduction to their sound, check out 'The Stanton Sessions' (XL Recordings). This is a mix album, fairly representative of their DJ sets, and includes most of their best productions, along with a variety of other artists who fit in with the Stanton style.

The Stanton Warriors are Dominic B and Mark Yardly

The Stanton Warriors Mix album, released to the UK (with much hype from the british dance music press) on June 25, 2001. The album I have has the following tracklisting.

The Stanton Sessions (2001) XL Recordings

1. 0:56 Stanton Warriors - Intro
2. 4:53 Basement Jaxx - Jump 'n' Shout (Stanton Warriors Remix)
3. 4:39 Jammin - Distraction w/ the Streets - Has It Come To This (acapella)
4. 3:20 Mr Reds - Can You Feel It w/ DJ Scribble and Busta Rhymes - Everybody Come On
5. 2:30 Unnamed Artist - Action
6. 2:09 Pump DJs - Move it With Your Mind
7. 2:51 Sole Fusion - Basstone
8. 3:20 Biological - Good Old Love
9. 5:57 Versions Excursions Present - The Phantom (Layo & Bushwacka! Remix)
10. 4:37 Stanton Warriors - Da Virus
11. 2:58 Jeremy Sylvester - Be Bop
12. 5:50 PMT - Gyromancer
13. 4:16 The Spoon Wizard - Me and Spoonice (Blue Effect Mix)
14. 4:18 Stanton Warriors feat. The Empress - Right Here
15. 4:01 Stanton Warriors - Da Antidote
16. 4:16 T Power feat. Amaziree - Runnin
17. 4:27 Groove Chronicles - Stone Cold

Other releases of this album (and I not quite sure if this is region based) include the outstanding (and club friendly) remix of Azzido Da Bass - Doomsnight

Fans wishing to hear two hours of the Stanton Warriors doing it live are encouraged to aquire their Essential Mix set that was played on BBC Radio 1 on September 12, 2001. This can be still be found on some peer to peer networks, and the mix lasts for 120 minutes exactly.

I was fortunate enough to catch them live, headlining the Falls Festival in Lorne, Australia on New Year's Eve 2001.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.