Transforms from dinosaur to robot and back!

DINOBOT: SWOOP

FUNCTION: DINOBOT BOMBARDIER
"Fear can hit targets unreachable to bullets."

Enjoys watching enemies scatter before him as he dives down from the sky...considers spreading fear his greatest weapon. This Dinobot's kind, good-natured side disguised by his horrifing form... even his comrades shy away. Flies at 250 mph...air-to-air missile launcher under each wing fires missiles equivalent of 5000 lbs. TNT, 8 mile range. As robot, uses launchers and 4000ºC thermal sword. Fragile wings vulnerable to enemy firepower.

  • Strength: 6
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Speed: 8
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 7
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


Of all the Dinobots, the pterosaur Swoop, took the most beatings because of his lack of bulk. But in the cartoon, he was the only Dinobot who could fly in dinosaur mode (they could all fly in robot mode), which gave him special prestige. Unfortunately, the toy was especially fragile -- his hard-plastic head cracked easily -- and as a result, Swoop routinely goes for double the price of any other Dinobot on eBay.

Name: Swoop
Company: Ambrosia Software
Price: $15.00
Along with most of the first Ambrosia Software games, Swoop is a remake of an arcade classic, in this case Space Invaders. Players fight wave upon wave of invading aliens, with the help of powerups that give more powerful weapons, better shields, and HP recharges.

Swoop is the name of the mascot for the Philadelphia Eagles. He is an American Bald Eagle. His nest is at Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He wears an Eagles home jersey of green & white with the numbers 00.

The Philadelphia Eagles cheerleaders and SWOOP work together in two ways to get children excited about reading and safety. They participate in the “Cheer for Reading” program, in which both visit classrooms to discuss the importance of reading. Swoop also visits numerous Philadelphia-area schools with a D.A.R.E. officer and cheerleaders to inform children about the importance of staying in school and off of drugs, about the importance of staying away from strangers, and the value of staying fit.

Currently, Ryan Hughes is the Mascot Coordinator for Swoop. Swoop is available to make appearances by calling (215) 339-6886.

See also the Phillie Phanatic.


www.philadelphiaeagles.com

Swoop (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Swooped (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Swooping.] [OE. swopen, usually, to sweep, As. swapan to sweep, to rush; akin to G. schweifen to rove, to ramble, to curve, OHG. sweifan to whirl, Icel. sveipa to sweep; also to AS. swifan to move quickly. Cf. Sweep, Swift, a. & n., Swipe, Swivel.]

1.

To fall on at once and seize; to catch while on the wing; as, a hawk swoops a chicken.

2.

To seize; to catch up; to take with a sweep.

And now at last you came to swoop it all. Dryden.

The grazing ox which swoops it [the medicinal herb] in with the common grass. Glanvill.

 

© Webster 1913.


Swoop, v. i.

1.

To descend with closed wings from a height upon prey, as a hawk; to swoop.

2.

To pass with pomp; to sweep.

[Obs.]

Drayton.

 

© Webster 1913.


Swoop, n.

A falling on and seizing, as the prey of a rapacious bird; the act of swooping.

The eagle fell, . . . and carried away a whole litter of cubs at a swoop. L'Estrange.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.