Twiztid is closely related to ICP (Insane Clown Posse). They were orginally known as House Of Krazees, which they had one other member (Sol). The members of Twiztid were then known as Mr. Bones and Hektic (possibly Hektik, can't exactly recall).

They broke up due to record label problems, and Twiztid was born. They changed their names to Jamie Madrox and Monoxide Child, as Sol went on to make his own group, Halfbreed. Twiztid moved on to Psychopathic Records, Insane Clown Posse's label. They made a album, Mostasteless, but was only released in the Detriot area. Later, they rereleased this album nationally, but with a few different tracks and new art designs. They went on concert tours along side ICP, and they ripped up the crowds!

a (somewhat) current list of albums includes (in order of release):

  • Mostasteless (1996)
  • Mostasteless (rerelease) (1997)
  • Cryptic Collection (2000)
  • Freakshow (2000)
  • Cryptic Collection 2 (2001)
  • Mirror:rorriM (2002)

This list does not include releases from their House Of Krazees era, or appearences on other artists records (but including Three 6 Mafia, Insane Clown Posse, and included on soundtracks/compilations).

According to Jamie Madrox, Twiztid got their names when Insane Clown Posse member Violent J commented that they were always stoned, using "twisted" as a euphemism for the condition. Twiztid is a two-man rap group of the horrorcore variety. They hail from the east side of Detroit, and are currently signed to Psychopathic Records. At their concerts, they always have backup dancers dressed as Jason Voorhees (of Friday the 13th fame) and Michael Myers (of Halloween fame) carrying hatchets.

They were formerly part of a three-man group known as the House of Krazees, but left the group when the third member decided to sell out and completely change his style to try to make money. Twiztid got their start (as Twiztid) opening for the Insane Clown Posse on several tours, and it's extremely rare to see a Twiztid fan who hasn't heard of ICP, as well as a House of Krazees fan that was down before Twiztid. Twiztid has no love for their former House of Krazees days, mostly because they believe the third member deserves no respect. (Name left out because quite simply, he's not worth knowing about)

Back story: They're zombie servants of the Dark Carnival, although their role at this time is unclear. They rap mostly about being different, dead stuff, getting with women, smoking weed, and being connected to their fans, who are known as Juggalos. The members of Twiztid, Jamie Madrox and the Monoxide Child, have milkwhite faces with black around their eyes, which consist only of a pupil. Madrox has long rubberbanded black braids, and Monoxide has wispy strands(dreads?) of hair that are rubberbanded only at the roots.

The members of Twiztid are also members of the horrorcore group "Dark Lotus" along with labelmates Insane Clown Posse, and of the gangster rap group "The Psychopathic Rydas" with labelmates Insane Clown Posse and Blaze Ya Dead Homie.

Current albums:

Mostasteless (Released late 1998) - Their first album, it featured a couple of tracks from their House of Krazees days, as well as some new tracks with music by Mike E. Clark. Label mates Insane Clown Posse appeared on a couple of tracks on this album.
Tracks: Intro, 2nd Hand Smoke, Diemother****erdie, Smoke Break, Murder, Murder, Murder, First Day Out (ICP cover song originally appearing on the Carnival of Carnage album), Somebody's Dissin U, Meat Cleaver w/Myzery and ICP, How Does It Feel?, She Ain't Afraid, What the ****?, Another Smoke Break, $85 an hour w/ICP, Renditions of Reality

Rock the Dead single (Released late 1999 as a promo for the upcoming album) - Extremely rare, supposedly only released to radio stations, and most threw it out. It contains only two tracks, the Radio Edit and the Album Versions of "Rock the Dead"

Mostasteless reissue (Released late 1999) - Reissue with about half new tracks. Twiztid's style began to emerge on this album
Tracks: Intro, 2nd Hand Smoke, Diemother****erdie, Rock the Dead, Spin the Bottle w/ICP, Blink, How Does It Feel?, $85 an hour w/ICP, First Day Out (ICP cover song from the Carnival of Carnage album, What the ****?, Bury Me Alive, Hound Dogs w/ICP, Renditions of Reality

The Cryptic Collection (Released Summer 2000 at The Gathering of the Juggalos) - A collection of old House of Krazee tracks, Twiztid remixes, and unreleased/rare tracks. This album had two different covers, one of Twiztid back in their oldschool days, and one with Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees on the front.
Tracks: Intro, What the ****? (Extra Crispy Mix), I Could, Ain't a Damn Thing Changed, Bad Dream, Somebody's Dissin U (Original version featuring Blaze, Blam, Something Weird, Meat Cleaver w/Myzery and ICP, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Bones (Mr. Bones's first track), Renditions of Reality (Remix), Put It Down by Blaze. There's a hidden track, too.

Freek Show (Released Halloween 2000) (Misspelling intentional) - Twiztid produced this entire album by themselves w/Fritz the Cat, except for the track "Maniac Killa" which had beats by Shaggy 2 Dope of the Insane Clown Posse. It features more of a rock feel than their previous albums, while not coming anywhere near rapcore. This album marked Twiztid coming into their own, and they started headlining their own tours instead of opening up for Psychopathic labelmates ICP.
Tracks: Intro, Mutant X, We Don't Die, Fall Apart, **** on the First Date, Do You Really Know?, Leave Me Alone, People Are Strange (Doors cover), All I Ever Wanted w/ICP, I Wanna Be, Bagz, What the Dead Like, Empty, Where Itz Going Down w/Blaze and the Three 6 Mafia, Broken Wingz, Maniac Killa w/ICP and Blaze, Different, and I'm Alright. There's also a hidden track consisting of messages left by Juggalos on the Twiztid hotline.

Cryptic Collection II: The Collected works of Madrox and Monoxide (Released June 2001 during the Freek Show tour) More unreleased material and House of Krazees tracks.
Tracks: Freek Show (Intro 2), Murder Murder Murder, Liquid Friend, I Remember, Smoke Break, Why The Children?, I Don't Care, She Ain't Afraid, Home Bound, Unrational, We Don't Die (Non-Rock Version), Another Smoke Break, Juggalo Party, Drunken Ninja Master

A Very Twiztid Christmas: (Released online, December 2002) A Christmas song from Twiztid, featuring their friend Blaze. A sort of parody of the song "Gin and Juice" off an old Snoop Doggy Dogg album. Also features Shaggy 2 Dope of the Insane Clown Posse in a short bit during the chorus. Before the actual song is a short skit featuring Big Stank and Lil Poot from the movie Big Money Hustlas. This was supposed to be part of a 3-track Christmas EP, but production time and distribution wouldn't have gotten it out in time.

Mirror Mirror: (Released April 9th, 2002) A surprise EP from Twiztid, goes away from the rock sound that permeated Freek Show and focuses more on hip-hop beats.
Tracks: Mirror, Reflection, The World, 4 Thoze of U f/Blaze, Through Your Eyez, Whatz That!?!, Leff Field (Monoxide f/Violent J), Dirty Lil Girl, Cnt, Alone, Your the Reazon

Twiztid has also released a video called Behind the Freek Show, which is a parody of the VH1 series Behind the Music. This video details Twiztid growing up, and also contains a video for the Twiztid song "We Don't Die" with appearances by Violent J, Shaggy 2 Dope, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, and several other people closely associated with Psychopathic Records. In this video, Twiztid in facepaint kills off the "normal" versions of themselves by digging a hole, throwing the bodies in it, and soaking them in gasoline which Monoxide Child ignites with a joint. This video was released on DVD in February 2000.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.