Posted this Boomtime, the 62nd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3190

Discordian Tuesday. Or possibly Monday, but who needs two of those? Fnord.


"In fact, the end of the 18th Century and the beginning of the 19th seems to have been a boom time for the invention of…nonsense based on…a corresponding revival in older…techniques…"
-- kalen, Physiognomy


A day in the Discordian calendar, created by some followers of Eris and observed by others since.

Boomtime00001 is the second day of the Discordian week and is associated with both Malaclypse the Elder and Malaclypse the Younger; the element boom; the letter combinations of bm, oo, ti, and me; the numbers 11 and 5 (Isn't everything?); anatomy, physiology, and palmistry; and percussion instruments. Having a three-day work week (Boomtime, Pungenday, & Prickle-Prickle), and a two-day weekend (Sweetmorn & Setting Orange),00002, gives Discordianism a playful perspective on their unconventional concept of the time sciences, amongst other things.

Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!

00001BOOM ME, BABY! BOOM ME ON THIS BOOMING BOOMTIME DAY!.
00002Although there is some well-founded debate and discussion between several cabals as to which are weekdays and which are weekends, not to mention the whole work thing. Drown out your opposition with kettle drums, baby!

Omnia Discordia

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.