"Cannibal: The Musical" was the video title of the film, the working title was "Alferd Packer: The Musical."

Featuring such beautifully twisted ditties as "Hang the Bastard", "It's a Shpadoinkle Day", and "Let's Build a Snowman", Cannibal: The Musical is a stroke of comedic genius distributed by Troma, of course. Trey Parker (listed as Juan Schwartz), of South Park fame, stars as Alfred Packer, a figure from Colorado history who was convicted of cannibalism after arriving without his party at his destination. The mutilated/half-eaten bodies of his crew were later found on the trail.

As explained by Trey, the film was kind of a response to the dumping he received from his long-time girlfriend, Lianne- also the name of the horse that he later lets go of.

The amazingly minute staff resulted in a lot of double-rolling. Actors as DPs, script supervisors, etc. Thought low budget, their hard work pays off in this oddly humorous soon-to-be cult classic.

Also starring in the movie/musical is Matt Stone (also from South Park), Dian Bachar (Orgazmo, BASEketball, etc), Jason McHugh, Ian Hardin, Jon Hegel, and Toddy Walters.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.