An interocitor is a device featured on the 1955 classic SciFi film This Island Earth.

The creation of folks from the planet Metaluna, this device allows audio and visual communications over great distances. It has additional capabilities, such as having a laser system for offensive and defensive attacks.

The interocitor was used as a test puzzle in the movie. The device was sent out to the most brilliant minds of Earth in small pieces. Those who were able to assemble and operate the interocitor were invited to join an elite team working on a project for aliens from Metaluna.

After the device was assembled, the first thing the Metalunans did was to destroy the assembly manual using the laser feature. After contact was completed, the interocitor was also destroyed to prevent the technology from getting into the wrong hands.



     __________________
     +                +   The + are lasers
      \              /
       \            /
        \          /  Viewscreen
         \        /
          \      /
           \    /
            \  /
       ______\/______
       |            |
       |   O Dial   |
       |            |
       |            |Cabinet
       |            |
       |____________|       

Industry. Science. Technology.

All these frontiers of human endeavour come together when you build your own Atom Storage Box, just one component of the Interocitor(R). While the assembly of this amazing device can seem daunting at first, feel assured that all 2486 parts work together to bring you the latest in communications and warfare technologies. An Allen wrench tool has been provided to make the construction as easy as 1-2-3*!

Once assembled, you can activate the Interocitor(R) at anytime by turning the Intensifier disk 18 degrees to the left. Your communications are guaranteed** to be a fulfilling experience as you interact with aliens on far-away planets, or just as easily, talk to your next-door neighbor! Newer models come with our new DirectZap technology. Delightful red light beams are simply a disk rotation away!

USE ONLY GENUINE INTEROCITOR PARTS

*The customer is encouraged to consult the accompanying manual while constructing the product. It is tempting to just start putting screwdrivers into things, but our customer surveys have shown that this behaviour rarely results in a fully working system.

**Not an actual guarantee.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.