David Icke was an English newsreader and sports commentator who later became a primary spokesperson for the British Green Party (a political party promoting sustainable development and responsible management of resources) in which capacity I once met him at the now-defunct London Ecology Center. I have to say that he was brusque to the point of rudeness. I later had cause to strongly suspect that he had other things on his mind.

Icke’s sudden descent into paranoid schizophrenia and his subsequent self-declaration as “The Son of God” was fairly well documented by the British right-wing press (who were rubbing their hands together with glee at the damage he was doing to the Green Party’s cause), as well as by the moderate left-wing press (who were wringing their hands in horror for precisely the same reason). The Green Party quickly moved to disassociate themselves from Icke, at which point, of course, he incorporated them into his paranoid mythology, along with the CIA, Mossad, MI6, Interpol, the World Trade Organization, the Rand Corporation, the Vatican, NASA, Illuminati, and pretty much anyone else you care to name.

Icke has written at least 10 books since that time, the most notorious of which is "And The Truth Shall Set You Free", which is in large part a re-statement (with quotes) of the utterly discredited anti-semitic tractProtocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion”, which is the manuscript from which the word 'Illuminati' gained wide usage. The publication of "And The Truth Shall Set You Free" has effectively cemented his association with extreme right-wing groups throughout the world, although it should be noted that Icke still publicly insists that he is not anti-semitic, and that claims to the contrary are further proof of the conspiracy against him.

Many of Icke’s wildest claims are contained in his book "The Biggest Secret", which states that nearly all of the rulers, leaders, presidents, and other major figures throughout history have been part of a global conspiracy (again, involving pretty much every group that has ever existed) to preserve their genetic heritage, which is reptilian. The British Royal Family, the Crowned Heads of Europe, the Presidents of the USA, George Dubya Bush included, have all apparently been descended from reptiles. One memorable passage that I read some time ago describes Queen Elizabeth II mutating into a lizard during a human sacrifice at Buckingham Palace. (1)

My favourite David Icke quote:
"When you are constantly moving forward, searching for the cutting edge, everyone behind you always believes you have gone too far.”
Indeed.

    Sources:
  • (1) The Guardian newspaper. I have since lost the source of this passage and can no longer be absolutely certain if it was a direct quote from “The Biggest Secret” or a quote from Icke.
  • http://www.trufax.org/menu/manip.html
  • http://www.stelling.nl/simpos/david_icke_new_age.htm
  • http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/stories/davidicke.htm
  • http://www.sightings.com/ufo5/silence.htm
  • http://www.thewebpager.com/bms/wwwboard/messages/399.html

    Further reading:
  • "Reptilian Research Archives hosted by David Icke E-Magazine!" at http://reptile.users2.50megs.com is hysterical and a must-see
  • For a more thorough and very entertaining review of "The Biggest Secret" go to http://www.terminalcity.com/lizards/index.html (many thanks to pseudo_intellectual for this suggestion)
  • David Icke's own crazed website at http://www.davidicke.com is unfortunately currently unavailable... due to a global conspiracy, no doubt

You must see his own words in all their glory, but I can't resist adding a few snippets here as tasters. He begins his Web page The Reptilian Connection with some refreshing candour.
If you are new to my work, the most bizarre information you will find on this site is that concerning the reptilian connection.

I understand that. It is quite something to absorb from our conditioned version of reality. But, then, that is the very point. If you want to keep something from the people, give them a version of reality and possibility that is so far from what is really going on that even if the truth comes to light it will seem far too ludicrous and extreme for most people to believe it.

Indeed, if you do your job well enough, the people will laugh at the truth, call it insane, and ridicule anyone who promotes it.

Okay, Dave, we understand there are some hasty folk out there, but we're not like that, we're open-mindedly seeking the truth. What is this unconditioned version of reality whereof you speak?
These reptilian-human hybrid lines became the political and economic rulers of these lands occupied by the European empires and they continue to rule these countries to this day. The United States of America has been home to hundreds of millions of people since 1776. What's more, these people came from an amazingly diverse genetic pool. And yet, wait for this, the 42 who have become Presidents of the United States are all related!!! Thirty-Three of them alone go back to Charlemagne, one of the most famous monarchs of what we call France. He just happens to be a major figure in the story of these bloodlines and their expansion out of Britain, France, Germany, and elsewhere.
Let me stress the shocking nature of this startling revelation. Of all the genetic diversity that makes up the melting pot of the USA, not a single Black person has become president. Suspicious, or what? No Koreans. No Vietnamese. No Filipinos for god's sake! The Philippines were a colony for years. There can be no common explanation for this extraordinary tale he has uncovered.

But wait a minute. Is not this diversity what makes our modern world the vibrant place it is? Black and white, East and West, lizard and ape, what's the beef?

The Rothschilds, Rockefellers, the British royal family, and the ruling political and economic families of the US and the rest of the world come from these SAME bloodlines. This is why the so called Eastern Establishment families of the United States interbreed with each other as obsessively as the European royal and "noble" families have always done. And similar families across the world. It is not because of snobbery, it is to hold as best they can a genetic structure - the reptilian-mammalian DNA combination which allows them to "shape-shift".
Oh, I see. That puts a different light on it.
Former US president, George Bush, incidentally, is mentioned more than any other person in my experience in relation to shape-shifting. This is why his son is being brought through in the 2000 presidential election.
Oh come on!! George Bush? That nice ineffectual old man who married Barbara? A lizard?? Nixon, yes. Obviously. Clinton... yeah, I'll buy that. But George Senior?
Different religions have also been wonderful vehicles for dividing and ruling the people through arrogant, self-righteous, inter-religious conflict. The reptilians created the religions for this reason and the key players within them do not even begin to believe the nonsense they parrot to their followers. They just want the population to believe it, so they will be easy to control. This is why you find so many famous "Christian" evangelists, for example, are actually Satanists. Their "Christianity" is just a smokescreen.

...

This can be to have sex with a famous politician, which they will not remember; to assassinate someone like John Lennon; to go crazy with a gun in a school, which leads to gun control etc. The concentration camps of Nazi Germany under the supervision of the "Angel of Death", Josef Mengele, were one of the major centres for such experimentation. Mengele was taken to the United States and South America after the war by the Illuminati under the name Doctor Green or Greenbaum to continue his horrific "work". This manifested as the notorious mind-control project, MK Ultra. The China Lake Naval Weapons Center in the California desert was one of his premier bases of operation.

...

"Oh, my God, Mr. President, do you always eat your breakfast from across the room?".

From what I understand from former "insiders", the blood (energy) of babies and small children is the most effective for this, as are blond-haired, blue-eyed people. Hence these are the ones overwhelmingly used in sacrifice, as are red-haired people also, it appears.

This is why people like George Bush, Henry Kissinger, and a stream of the other Illuminati "big names" are exposed in my books and on this site as reptilian shape-shifters who take part in human sacrifice and blood drinking. The two go together. There also appears to be a very significant emphasis among the Illuminati-reptilians and their offshoots with paedophilia, which is rampant on this planet.

It's not funny any more, Dave. I would, however, just like to ask one question. These "former insiders"...?

David Icke was invited to speak at our college last week by the Sci-Fi Society (appropriate?) Anyway, a few of us went along (really for some pre-drinks entertainment) to what turned into an almost 3-hour talk.

It seems that everything written above about Icke has involved reptiles, but interestingly, this wasn't mentioned at all during the evening. In fairness he was moving along pretty swiftly, having only half his usual 5-hour time available to him, so some stuff was inevitably excluded. There was some distinct laughter from the audience of 200+ college students; there were fleeting remarks such as "... so, after they killed Kennedy...".

I'd never heard of him before I went, but I'm sure that if he had gone into the whole lizard-thing, a lot of people would have stood up and left. But he didn't and they didn't - in fact many people came out smiling, feeling better about themselves and the world around them, despite the underlying doom and gloom of the conspiracy theories.

Here's why: the main thrust of the talk was threefold. Firstly, he told the audience not to be controlled by fear - to think for themselves and feel and act how they wanted. Secondly, we were warned to ignore and oppose those who tried to control us and speak for us. And finally, he asked us never to impose our views on others.

As if this wasn't mild enough, he took the extra step of beginning the talk by telling the audience he didn't care what others thought of him or his ideas; he wasn't trying to force anything on us because that would make him as bad as those he was trying to denounce. He also ended with the words "Thanks for coming tonight, I hope you got something out of it" - very casual words indeed, designed to relax and put the audience at ease.

So judging from the writeups and information above, one of two things has happened. Either Icke himself has considerably toned down his personal views, or else he has massaged them for the audience (I definitely know that a lot of his September 11th views would not have been accepted in the States, at all) - whether this was a sinister or simply a wise choice to make is debatable.

The funny thing about David Icke is that he did not "invent" any of his conspiracy theories, even the wildest ones. He is responsible for their rather unique and eclectic shape, in the sense that he has taken all of this disparate information (e.g. Reptilian-humanoids, the New World Order agenda, the elite bloodlines that tend to get into power far more often than is statistically acceptable) and welded it into what is supposed to be a Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory. Even what he calls "the most extreme" information that he writes about - the idea that there is a race of reptilian humanoids that have been interbreeding with and controlling humans for thousands of years - is an idea he has received from other people.

Now, it is all too easy to dismiss David Icke as a simple raving lunatic, end of story. He himself admits that he said and did things early on, just after his "awakening" experience, that pretty much guaranteed him public ridicule, in the UK at least, for the rest of his life. He seems pretty "zen" about this in the sense that he is not letting it discourage him from continuing with his life's work. However, as with many people who have been pegged as madmen by the mainstream media, there is more to it than that.

I picked up The Biggest Secret out of curiosity, because I'd heard so many people say "David Icke, the nutcase". I brought it upstairs in Borders along with a couple of other books and bought a coffee. About three hours later I had not touched the other books, and had filled a small notebook with "facts" and questions to check out on my own. The reason I wanted to check them out was because my most frequent thought as I was reading was "This can't be true, can it?" I decided that, as I was reading a book written by "a known nutcase" that I was going to apply the most stringent tests to the information contained within it.

I went home and spent hours finding things on Google and researching the things that Icke weaves together in The Biggest Secret. I found out that yes, it does seem that there is strong evidence that Pearl Harbour was anticipated, and allowed, by the U.S. government, in order to provide an excuse to enter the war. I found out that yes, there is a huge, unexplained problem of child disappearances in the U.S. I found out that yes, the Bilderberg group does exist, and yes, George W. Bush is related to the Queen of England.

Here's the thing: everything checked out. Icke had not told a single lie or stretched the truth in any of his factual statements. His research had been painstaking. There remained, of course, ideas that I could not confirm or deny. For example, the "reptilian connection". I am not able to accept the idea of reptilian humanoids interbreeding with humans, for many different reasons, without unequivocal evidence - not because I can't imagine it to be possible - I've read a lot of science fiction - but because it is an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary proof. Icke builds a mountain of evidence supporting his claim, from the peculiarities of European heraldic devices to the first-hand stories of people who claim to have seen others "shape-shift" between human and reptilian, but the case is not proven, any more than the case is proven about WHO killed JFK, or exactly WHAT is going on in the world.

What David Icke has managed to do is pull together an absolutely staggering amount of non-mainstream information and present it to the public. You don't have to follow his ideas to their conclusions or accept his (admittedly extreme and unique) synthesis of the material, in order to have your worldview profoundly shaken by this information. And much of his analysis is spot on. For example, it took me about a month of educating myself on economics and banking and debt to grasp that his analysis of the world economic system was quite simple and accurate.

In the end, I decided that it wasn't important whether or not he was right about the reptilians or about the New World Order conspiracy that had supposedly been in place for thousands of years. This decision was a relief to me as I had been afraid of drifting off into the realms of the "public insane" myself. I decided that what was important was that I process all of this new information myself and see where it led me; and, in fact, something that Icke emphasizes repeatedly is that he wants people to make up their own minds about everything he says. His tone throughout everything he writes is refreshingly direct and quirky, and you can't help but smile when he repeatedly describes the elder George Bush as "paedophile mass-murderer George Bush."

(The thing about that is, George Bush the elder may or may not be a paedophile and a mass-murderer - I am not in a position to comment on that - but he has definitely been involved in some very dodgy things that were kept out of the public eye. Mostly. For example, he was a central figure in the Iran Contra Affair, and there is copious evidence linking him to CIA drug-running operations. Don't label me a conspiracy theorist before you do your own research on this topic.)

So, to finish up, it is a very easy thing to ridicule David Icke, and if you want to do this you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are acting with the same level of discrimination and humour as most of the tabloid-reading population of the United Kingdom. You have proved that you value conformity and will use your intellectual weapons to attack those who depart from it - congratulations. There is nothing wrong with you and there most certainly is something "wrong" with David Icke. He is not writing as a balanced, objective scientist, nor does he claim to be. What he claims to be doing is, as far as I can see, exactly what he does do - present a huge amount of very challenging information, offer his own synthesis of it (which he admits is evolving and necessarily flawed), and leave the reader free to decide what to do - throw the book at the wall, laugh about it with their friends in the pub, or find out a little more about some of the social structures they mostly take for granted.

Yes, he once said that he was "the son of god". However, he also said "and so are we all". But you don't read that in the papers.


David Icke's website: http://www.davidicke.com/icke/index1a.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.