SEE FOOTNOTE FOR A REAL EXPLINATION OF JANET "EVIL" RENO
Reno, Janet (1938- ), United States attorney general (1993- ), the first woman to hold the position. She was born in Miami, Florida, and educated at Cornell University and Harvard Law School. After graduating from Harvard in 1963 she practiced law in Miami with several firms. She became staff director of the Florida House Judiciary Committee in 1971, then assistant to the state's attorney in Miami in 1973. She returned to private practice for two years in 1976. In 1978 Reno was appointed Miami's state attorney, a post to which she was reelected five times. She developed a reputation as a staunch protector of defendant's rights and a tough enforcer of child-support laws. In 1993, when President Bill Clinton (1993- ) appointed Reno U.S. attorney general, she vowed to use her new position to defend abortion rights. Her early days in office were occupied with a standoff near Waco, Texas, between Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents and members of the Branch Davidian religious cult. The standoff ended after the FBI agents attempted to force the members of the cult out of the compound, which then burned, killing many cult members.

The Footnote http://www.access1.net/grunt/reno2.htm

Editors Note: Janet Reno died on November 7, 2016 from Parkinson's disease. She was 78 years old.

Also presided in child molester witch hunts where the accused were convicted on little evidence beyond child testimony warped by psychologists' and social workers' leading questions and demands that children admit to abuse. This was in Florida before she was appointed to attorney general. Her report to Congress on Waco was of highly questionable authenticity considering the revelations to come out recently.

Like her or hate her, Janet Reno was Attorney General. Keep this in mind as you read.

Janey Reno said that when her time as AG was up, she wanted to drive around the country and travel; to get out an see the sites of a nation. So, after long deliberation, her co-workers decided NOT to give her a radar detector for the trip. It was close, however.

The truth is stranger than fiction; it was on the evening news. Somewhat inappropriate, considering it is a device to evade prosecution.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.