A popular brand of fruit chew that comes in cute little packs of 6 chews. Each pack contains chews of only one flavour, including: grape, lemon, orange and strawberry.

It is manufactured by Storck (http://www.storck.com), a German confectionery company.

It was recently caught up in a minor issue in the United States, because some versions of Mamba used beef gelatine -- which may have come from cows with mad cow disease.

Mamba is the name of the signature hypercoaster at Worlds of Fun amusement park near Kansas City, Missouri. Mamba is located in the Africa section of Worlds of Fun and is named after the poisonous snake. It is the third in the Morgan trilogy of hypercoasters after Wild Thing in Valleyfair! and Steel Force in Dorney Park. Opened in the 1998 operating season, it was the first roller coaster added to Worlds of Fun after its acquisition by Cedar Fair. It is also the largest expansion for the amusement park and is the most thrilling roller coaster in the park to date. It is a steel sit-down out and back roller coaster but unlike the other two in the Morgan trilolgy, Mamba does not feature a tunnel. However, Mamba has a blackout-inducing 580 degree helix that is taken at 60 mph. Mamba is a roller coaster that should be ridden by fans of positive G forces, as the camelback bumps are relatively not as exciting as the other elements of Mamba.

Statistics:

  • Length of Track: 5600 ft
  • Length of Ride: ~3 minutes
  • Top Speed: 75 mph
  • Capacity: 1700 riders per hour
  • Height: first hill - 205 ft; second hill - 184 ft
  • Trains: 3 with 6 cars each. 3 rows of 2 person per row.
Sources: www.rcdb.com; www.worldsoffun.com

Mamba is the common name given to snakes of the genus Dendroaspis. 'Dendroaspis' translates as tree snake (Greek dendron (tree) + aspis (shield); shield in this case also refers to asps, with their neck hood). While most of the Dendroaspis are arboreal, the most well known of the mambas, the black mamba, lives in burrows and crevices (although it can climb quite well when the situation calls for it). Members of genus Dendroaspis are long thin snakes (from 0.5 meters to 3 meters), with thin heads. They are diurnal. They live throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.

They are closely related to the cobras, and have small hoods. They can rear up, and may even crawl in an upright position. They are also very poisonous, and will strike repeatedly. They tend to favor small prey, like rodents, hyraxes, and birds. They bite their prey, injecting them with a paralyzing neurotoxic venom, and then stand back and wait for them to die. They can be aggressive when threatened, attacking humans and larger animals, and are quite poisonous enough to kill what they bite.


Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Reptilia
Order: Squamata
Suborder: Serpentes
Family: Elapidae
Genus: Dendroaspis

Species -- Dendroaspis angusticeps, Eastern green mamba
Species -- Dendroaspis jamesoni, Jameson's mamba
Species -- Dendroaspis polylepis, Black mamba
Species -- Dendroaspis viridis, Western green mamba

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.