The nickelback defense is the name of special defensive set-up in American football (maybe in Canadian football too, dunno). In addition to the usual four defensive backs, a fifth defensive back, called the nickelback, is added in place of one of the linebackers.

The origin of the term is a play upon the name quarterback. The nickel is worth five cents and the nickelback is the fifth defensive back. Clever, huh?

Nickelback is a rock band from Canada. Originally, there were four members from Hanna, Alberta, but they then moved to Vancouver, BC.

The band is comprised of brothers Chad Kroeger and Mike Kroeger, and Ryan Peake and Ryan Vikedal.

They've put out 3 albums, an EP Hesher and the two full length albums Curb and The State. The State is the only Nickelback album to be released in the United States, and they have been fairly successful. Breathe is their most recent single that has gained some recognition in the United States.

Nickelback is one of those horribly clichéd punk-rock bands that wrote one or two songs with lyrics that young maladjusted teens can relate to and reached a modicum of popularity. However, they are infamous for the fact that they are heavily involved in plagiarism! It is entirely legal though, as the band they plagiarize is Nickelback.

The songs in question are How you Remind Me and Someday, or as they are the same song, roughly, How you Remind Me of Someday. This was noted by a number of fans, most notably Mikey Smith.(not the Jamaican Poet) So he took the two songs and mixed them to play together, with one song streaming mono through the right speaker and the other song coming out of the left. If you turn down your treble and listen to the music, they align with hilarious regularity.

Smith believes this lack of creativity is a sign of homogeneity creeping into North American popular music. Personally I see it as a sign of the crass corporatism of music today, if you happen to fall in the prime demographic, then the industry will churn out plenty of music that will appeal to your vanity or insecurity. Yet another reason to overthrow capitalism.

If you wish to listen to this yourself, google search: How You Remind Me of Someday or click the link.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.