orgy: vernacular term for sexual sharing of partners at a party, either in pairs, or as a group.

Dictionary of Sexology Project: Main Index

Orgy (the band) now has two newer songs out, both appearing on soundtracks.

The first is Faces, which is track 11 on the Zoolander soundtrack. The song was written and/or performed by all the members of Orgy (mentioned above), and is a full 4 minutes and 28 seconds long.

The second song isn't exactly written or performed by Orgy, but the vocals are done by Orgy's Jay Gordon. "Slept so Long" appears on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack, and was written by Johnathan Davis (of Korn) and Richard Gibbs especially for the movie, and is 4 minutes and 19 seconds.

Formed in California, in 1998, this band released their debut album (Candyass) 6 months after they formed. Orgy struck the singles charts twice with a bruising cover of New Order’s "Blue Monday" and the dynamic follow-up “Stitches", both on the album. In 1999 they went on the "Family Values" tour with bands such as Korn and Limp Bizkit. They were classified as "electro-rock," "industrial synth,” "sleaze rock," "techno-goth", and several other labels. However, because they are so unique, it's difficult to label them with a specific genre. In the year 2000 Orgy released a second album, Vapor Transmission, which was number 16 on Billboard’s Top 200.

In my opinion, Orgy is currently one of the more unique bands out there, with an unusual futuristic sound and some very...interesting...lyrics.

Or"gy (?), n.; pl. Orgies ().

A frantic revel; drunken revelry. See Orgies

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.