A game sponsored by the MIT Assassins' Guild. Patrol runs weekly on Saturday at 8:00 pm, unless a SIK game or other game is using the Patrol space.

Each player starts the game with:

The color of the headband denotes the player's team. Friendly fire is still a hazard, but, in general, teammates try not to kill each other.

When a player is hit by a dart, they are dead. They head to the rez floor (generally the third floor), and return to game.

Score is not kept. No one wins. Everyone loses. Everyone has fun.

http://www.mit.edu/activities/assassin/patrol.html

Pa*trol" (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Patrolled (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Patrolling.] [F. patrouiller, O. & Prov. F. patrouiller to paddle, paw about, patrol, fr. patte a paw; cf. D. poot paw, G. pfote, and E. pat, v.]

To go the rounds along a chain of sentinels; to traverse a police district or beat.

 

© Webster 1913


Pa*trol" (?), v.

t To go the rounds of, as a sentry, guard, or policeman; as, to patrol a frontier; to patrol a beat.

 

© Webster 1913


Pa*trol", n. [F. patrouille, OF. patouille. See Patrol, v. i.]

1. (Mil.)

(a)

A going of the rounds along the chain of sentinels and between the posts, by a guard, usually consisting of three or four men, to insure greater security from attacks on the outposts.

(b)

A movement, by a small body of troops beyond the line of outposts, to explore the country and gain intelligence of the enemy's whereabouts.

(c)

The guard or men who go the rounds for observation; a detachment whose duty it is to patrol.

2.

Any perambulation of a particular line or district to guard it; also, the men thus guarding; as, a customs patrol; a fire patrol.

In France there is an army of patrols to secure her fiscal regulations.
A. Hamilton.

 

© Webster 1913


Pa*trol", n.

See Boy Scout.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.