First flying roller coaster ever opened to the public. Opened on April 1st, 2000 at Paramount’s Great America Amusement Park riders found themselves in a lay-down position at departure from the station and a hanging then flying position after the lift hill: an amazing feeling. Stealth runs 2 lay-down trains with 6 cars per train. Stealth lasts 1:50, is 115 feet tall, runs at a maximum speed of 51 mph, and has a maximum G force of 4.3. Stealth includes 8 inversions in the form of one 66' vertical loop, a 110-degree horseshoe, four 180-degree inversions, and a twin corkscrew. Stealth was built by Vekoma at a cost of $17,000,000. Stealth is dark gray, light gray, and red painted with a total of 275 gallons of paint.

Compiled Statistics of Stealth:
  • Length: 2766'
  • Height: 115'
  • Max Speed: 51 mph
  • Max G-Forces: 4.3
  • Duration: 1:50

Stealth (?), n. [OE. staple. See Steal, v. t.]

1.

The act of stealing; theft.

[Obs.]

The owner proveth the stealth to have been committed upon him by such an outlaw. Spenser.

2.

The thing stolen; stolen property.

[Obs.] "Sluttish dens . . . serving to cover stealths."

Sir W. Raleigh.

3.

The bringing to pass anything in a secret or concealed manner; a secret procedure; a clandestine practice or action; -- in either a good or a bad sense.

Do good by stealth, and blush to find it fame. Pope.

The monarch, blinded with desire of wealth, With steel invades the brother's life by stealth. Dryden.

I told him of your stealth unto this wood. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.