prev next daylog

Ah, I look at all of the daylogs before mine, and I think: lucky bastards. These are your worries:

I wish those were my worries.

My worries are:

I guess all of you have seen the news lately. Well, we're just about in a state of war here in Israel. The Palestinians think so, anyway. There are very few left wingers left in Israel who think that talks are possible with Yasser Arafat, now that he's broken every last promise he made. I can see the change in myself, and I'm not too happy with it. Since the release of all the Hamas activists yesterday, it's obvious that there's no hope now.

I'm scared about the revenge lynches that are probably going to happen around Israel today. If I was an arab living in a Jewish city, I wouldn't leave the house for a week. It's horrible how people's mentalities have changed. And I don't think there's any going back now. This hate had died down a bit in the past few years, but it's come back now, stronger than ever.

I am, in Israel, probably in the most left wing 10% of the population, and I am beginning to feel right wing mentality. I hate that. I hate feeling that everything I believed in is crap. I hate to see that the only way is violence. But it appears to be the only way now. There's simply no one to talk to. And it all seemed so close.