There was a Nazi cabinet meeting, or more accurately I think the inauguration of a new cabinet. But it wasn't in grand circumstances: it looked like a village hall, with lots of chairs in rows as if for a public meeting. They were all facing the front, i.e. there was no dais for the senior people: Hitler was just amid the rest somewhere in the middle, and I recognized Goering and others among them.

I was impressed at the quality of the sound recording and was interested to hear their voices; you hear snatches of Hitler's sometimes but it's not often you get to hear long speeches by the others. Quite a historic document, this film or whatever it was.

When Hitler swore by God, a passionate, pious, dramatic look came to his face: as if especially captured and enhanced by the cinematographer for its patriotic value. By that and his reference to President Hindenburg I could tell this was from the early years of the regime.

Suddenly amid this there was a cut-away to a sarcophagus or effigy: some carved white marble figure lying down, as in a cathedral. A caretaker indicated it.

Then the deputy, Goering I suppose, got up and made his speech of allegiance.

Then a tall man with an extraordinarily long chin got up and he made a speech, only this was in English, with a Scottish accent: he was evidently some kind of agent reporting to them on events in Britain, because he said (something quite like) "...thanks to a man in the Royal Infirmary who brought us all to power".

The Nazis listened to this politely, then a translator stood and repeated it in German, ending with "...thanks to a man in the Royal Infirmary who brought us all to power".

As one they and we, the Germans in the village hall and we watching the film, all roared this out as patter à la Gilbert and Sullivan: "Thanks to a man in the Royal Infirmary, who brought us all to power!"

This smoothly and suddenly changed to an immensely strong feeling of sadness for Dai-un. In "real life" (E2) I haven't said on my home node that I miss sensei or Dai-un, because I never had any contact with either of them. Yet this was such a strong feeling.

Another noder was there in the dormitory, possibly heyoka, and possibly a number of us; but she was also very saddened. I was in my 7/11 pyjamas: this refers to the top and bottom being the same pattern in different degrees, I think, though I can't remember which was 7 and which 11.

A young girl came round intending to take care of her: only seven or eight, but possibly also one of us. heyoka(?) asked whether she knew who I was, trying to coax her into answering my name rather than the description the girl was using.

This was such an interesting and nodable dream that I got up, got out my notebook, and wrote up notes on it. I thought about this for a little while and worked out that I had only dreamt doing it, so if I wanted to remember it I'd better get up and do it for real.