squirrels drift past my window There is a crazy gray squirrel I see outside my bathroom window every afternoon, devouring maple keys (when I was a kid we called them "helicopters", for the way they spin when they fall). He stands on one branch and reaches like a little monkey for a bunch of maple keys on another, flimsier, branch.
Mortality. One of the packing clerks died this week. He had complained of headache and dizziness, so one of the other fellows in the shipping department brought him to the hospital after the shift ended at 3PM. Turns out his headache was caused by an aneurysm, he went into a coma, they pulled the plug on his life support late yesterday. His funeral is Saturday. I worked with him for a year when I first hired on here; he spoke very little English, a little shy, but a hard worker and always had a friendly nod and a smile ready. He was 53. I blame alcohol and tobacco.
All you need is a dollar and a dream. Lunch was a buffalo chicken sandwich and a Killian's at The Pub with K-. She was on vacation in the Bahamas last week. She says Eddie Murphy has an island there, right by Nassau. Must be nice, to have your very own private island in the Caribbean. I will never know, unless maybe I hit tomorrow's $100M lottery drawing. I don't think I would buy an island, even if I did win $100M, though.
Organizing Principles. I'm starting to accumulate a small pile of assorted notes to myself, correspondence that needs attention, receipts to file, etc. Tonight looks good for a filing party. I'm a bit torn, though: Last night I made quite a bit of progress in The Rape of the A*P*E*, it's very entertaining, so what I really feel like doing is reading, not filing...
When in doubt, node. So, instead of filing or reading, I finished noding the county-level government of the 50 states of The United States of America.