Today I fell asleep in my multivariable calculus class.


I dreamed about falling asleep in calculus class and that the teacher called on me to answer some question. I picked my head up and got my eyes open far enough to see the gobbledy-gook on the board and made some random guess that was wrong, but I didn't care. Then my head began to sink back toward the desk and my eyes started drifting closed. Then for some reason, I looked at my foot, which was right by a pipe (in the middle of the room...a pipe! how to know this was a dream). Smoke started rising from the section of pipe by my foot. I watched it waft it's way up to the ceiling where it passed right by the smoke detector. But the detector didn't go off. Then I looked at the pipe again. Now it was starting to emit a flame that looked like a blowtorch and then got bigger and more candle-flame like. I tried to pull my feet away, but they were really hard to move. It caught part of my tennis shoe on fire. Once I got my foot out of the way and blew on my shoe a little bit I started trying to say that there was a fire. I did eventually say it.


And that's when I woke up. It felt really wierd to sit up in math class, because it had felt like I was already sitting up announcing that there was a fire. Luckily I hadn't started talking about the fire in my sleep. But the teacher was talking about the same thing in real life when I woke up as she had been in my dream.