At the end of every G.I. Joe episode, there was a short, animated public service announcement sponsored by the Child Safety Council. Very formulaic, they featured a kid or a group of kids, one of which was almost always wearing a #9 football jersey, doing patently stupid things. A member of the Joe team would show up in the nick of time, usually trespassing on private property to do so, and give a lecture on the right way to do things. Of course, every one of the G.I. Joe PSAs ended with a kid making a silly pun and proclaiming "Now I know!". And the Joe would respond, "And knowing is half the battle!"

There are twenty-five PSAs included on the DVD for "G.I. Joe - The Movie". I'm going to recreate them here, in screenplay format, a couple a day (at which point I will delete this sentence).

* One of the few PSAs where the Joe's name isn't specifically mentioned.


Why this hasn't been updated: I started noding these, and then someone nuked one of them. When I asked why, I was told that it didn't belong here. When I suggested that said person nuke the rest of them, they pulled a Howard Dean and decided that it was OK for the rest of them to stay. Rather than waste my time writing these up only to have them nuked willy-nilly, I just stopped doing them.