See also Elmindreda Farshaw, although the write-ups there are either terse or derogatory. I thought she deserved better, so I'm starting a new node under the name she prefers.

Min is a character in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. She is named after a character in stories who is a total slut or heartbreaker or something like that. But she doesn't like stereotypical women's roles in her area, so she refuses to be called by that name. Note that women anywhere in that world are equal to men or even better, but in many places, specific roles are expected of each. She also wears men's clothes, which means breeches and a coat like in the early 1800's, if I understand the descriptions correctly. She claims this is because it's easier to move in pants than dresses, but it's also because the breeches show her legs well.

Min has visions of the future, and they always come true. Occasionally, the vision involves how to prevent something, but if it doesn't, it can't be prevented and must simply be prepared for.

Min is also the wisest person in her world. Her only shortcoming is that she doesn't understand nobles. This can be seen in her complete inability to figure out why Colavaere killed herself. But when it doesn't concern nobles, she understands people very well, sometimes better than they understand themselves. She knew, without ever meeting Aviendha, just hearing about her from Rand al'Thor, that she, Elayne Trakand, and Aviendha all loved Rand and that he loved all three back. She also engineered getting them all in the same room together to admit it.