It's Segnbora-t's annual daylog! (See January 26, 2000.)

Today's my 28th birthday, but it was rather anticlimactic as birthday stuff has been going on for nearly a week, and the Evil Sports Junk has taken over Tampa. My mom came and visited me from St. Petersburg last weekend to avoid this weekend's traffic, and brought a cake and enough chocolate candy and Goldfish crackers to feed an army, as well as housewares (towels, bathroom rugs, mixing bowls, wineglasses). Is this meant to be a hint that I should grow up or something? Not in this apartment where the Simpsons toys sit in nearly the exact center of the apartment for all to see and play with.

Last night, Tregoweth, Gamaliel, Sylvar, five more non-Everything-assimilated friends, and I went to The Melting Pot; this is the third year I've celebrated there. Not that I really needed any more chocolate, but oh well. There was much wonderful and funny conversation but so little that sticks in the memory. Other than Chuck's suggestion for the worst herbal tea ever, "jalapeno dead guy," Deb's all-time favorite thing to use for a band name, "Piss Blip," and the many, many references to "Caveman Tourist," Gamaliel's description of the friend who took a picture of the flaming turtle chocolate dish the first year we did the Melting Pot gathering.

Today was comparatively nothing. I went to work; we did have our sort-of-monthly pizza party but it wasn't because of me (though free pizza is always good). The traffic was bad enough coming home to make Tregoweth declare that we're not going to go anywhere the entire weekend -- luckily there are other people to go out with, and I'm already scheduled to have dinner with Sean Michael on Saturday.