Because

…because you're thinking that hope is foolish, because she left you and I haven't, and because I'm putting my hand on your shoulder, putting my hand on your head which lies in my lap, running trembling fingers through your short sandy hair, sighing, exhale like all spirit gone, Πνευματος ' Αγιου--Holy Spirit, Holy Breath, (holy, holy, holy, lord god almighty…), and all I can get out is breath, breathing, spirit. There are no words, and there is never hope lost, for there is never hope unfounded; in the blood, even tainted, it still breathes in the blood like oxygen, keeping cells alive, keeping spirit contained in lungs, heart, arteries, brain, spirit throughout and throughin, and the tears on your cheek turn to laughter...

I
Breathe
I
Stumble
We
Breathe
Together

Outside of time
Inside of spirit
Until the body makes the world disappear
and the eye closes

and because I place my hands on your head, anointing you like a priest, and because you think all hope lost, and because you moan the darkness out, and because your large, tanned hand grabs my leg, and because I taste the salty sweat on your brow, and because you run a hand inside my thigh, and because there is no god but god, that this is a multiplicity, where many are one, inside and outside, and in this sacrament the Holy Spirit sighs…