First day of school for me. Last year I didn't understand why the upperclassmen were so annoyed with freshmen; now I do. They looked so scared, unsure of themselves. They just looked kind of stupid, scared when there's nothing to be afraid of (at least not on the first few days anyways). I don't have any room to talk, or at least didn't, but seriously, why do kids have to be that insecure at that age?

Getting up at 7 wasn't nice. It wasn't getting up early; it was that damn alarm. Stupid thing has no clue when I'm sleeping deeply or nearly awake, it just goes off regardless.

I don't know if "atmosphere" is the correct word for it, but different situations definetly have a different feel to them. When you step out on the first day of a season (according to the weather, not the calendar) you feel just like you felt the last time it was that season; that's just one example, there are thousands of different things that have their own feel, really anything can if it is important to you. Snow, rain, a particular smell, a particular location or even a particular temperature... I could go on listing them for a while. I think the more of the details that are the same the stronger the feeling; for example if you listened to the same song you listened to every day in the past winter and then stepped out in the cold, it would feel even more like winter than if you only stepped into the cold. Deja vu could be related to this, maybe the kind of situation did happen before, at least the feeling did, and you encountered something that is connected very strongly to the feeling but aren't consciously aware of the connection.

I'm getting a bit off-topic, but school just felt different today than it has before. I don't think it was different, I think it was me. Somehow.