15:00

I received mail from a company in Helsinki regarding my recent job application. I did not get hired.
This didn't come as a surprise, but I love it how they sugar code the message.
Instead of "You never had any chance to begin with because of your poor experience and education", they come up with stuff like "We feel you would fit into our team nicely, but unfortunately can't hire you at the moment."
Yeah, right. What happened to honesty?

Well, at least I won't be unemployed. And my current job is OK, if not counting the almost non-existent pay (which will never get any higher) and my superiors' constant bitching about me spending too much time in IRC. Thankfully they aren't aware of my Everything addiction yet. I have to keep my noding from work minimal to keep them from finding it out.


21:10

The weekend has started!
Not that I would have any special plans or anything. I just felt like typing that in bold lettering with an exclamation point.

The job situation I was cursing earlier seems to be a bit different from what I thought. They didn't hire anybody for the job yet, and moved the hiring for later. And unless the mail I got is full of BS, I not the worst candidate imaginable for the position. Gotta keep my fingers crossed.

OK, time to forget all that work-related crap, it's the weekend! Too bad I'm almost out of herbal remedies. But noding, Pepsi Max and funky techno are more than enough to keep me going. Maybe I'll top that with some RollCage II later on.. "The Biggest Club in Finland" is held again tonight in this small town, but I don't feel like going. Go ahead and call me a geek. ;)