Today, well, actually, yesterday, was mostly uneventful, otherwise, but I will go on and explain much of my day in painful detail.

I should be writing my paper on fate right now. I don't feel like it's in my future to actually write a good paper. I'm on page two and it already feels like I'm running out of reasons why I should get an A for my paper, which is all I'm really writing for anyway. The paper is supposed to be about The House of The Spirits, but I find myself totally uninterested in the book. It's well written, and when I do read it, I find myself enthralled, but only in that very surface layer. I don't find myself exploring depth in Allende's words, it's rather distressing to me, therefore, that I have only read about 150 pages out of 400 and I'm stuck. Such is life.

I've decided to sell my iBook on eBay. I don't want to do this. It was my first mac and I love it, really. And I don't know if it's because it's a mac or because it's my first fully functional laptop(the first one I had had no battery). I intend to buy an iMac or a G4 when the time comes, but for now, I think I'll stick with x86's. I'm really sorry about that, and I don't know why. I think it's because I could claim I don't run Windows when my teacher tells me to install the latest Windows software.

I started reading the essay in A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again about the Illinois State Fair, and, in a fit of inspiration, I started an essay on the Boone County Fair, which I'll node it whenever I actually get it done.

My friend paypaled 20 bucks to me today to help me pay my rent. I feel like such a mooch. I work a lot, and so I think I should be able to pay my rent, but I can't. I'm going to sell about 8 CD's right now to go help with that.

The other woman in my life seemed depressed, again, and so I saw her. She took me to dinner, and I had 3 chicken tacos. They were good. She said I made her feel better. This makes me feel good. She also said she wants to have sex with me, which gives me a lot of mixed feelings. I'm super-sensitive to the words people use, and I usually prefer the term make love or fuck than have sex, which sounds really clinical. I realize that when I think about that, it's always in the middle of the act, not the beginning or end. I don't know what this means.

I won a small cone or apple pie from McDonalds today, too. I won this because I found an unpeeled sticker on a cup sitting in a classroom. This, for some reason, makes me smile.

As sad as it seems, I've been listening to Cradle of Filth's song From the Cradle to Enslave over and over again. The "singer"s scratchy voice is kind of addicting and fits well in the song, and I just like the double bass drum kick that goes on througout the song. I also have been listening to Kid A, the new Radiohead album, which is beautiful, and it's kind of a shock to go between half-assed death metal to Radiohead.

I also decided to dress up in a Brittany Spears-esque Catholic Schoolgirl outfit for Halloween. If you ever saw a picture of me IRL, you'd see how funny this was. When I do it, I'll make it the picture on my home node.