The Group of Thirty is a conference group composed of distinguished businessmen, scholars, and government economists. Its stated aim is "to deepen understanding of international economic and financial issues, to explore the international repercussions of decisions taken in the public and private sectors, and to examine the choices available to market practitioners and policymakers." The Group pursues this goal through biannual meetings to discuss the experiences and opinions of the members of topics of interests and to hear from "select guests." The Group publishes papers and conducts seminars both to educate the general public and to influence policy formation. Committees are often established to explore important topics in greater depth. The Group of Thirty was founded in 1978 and is funded by donations from wealthy concerned individuals, private foundations, and both commercial and government banks.

Members of the Group of Thirty:

Emeritus Members
Executive Director

All this information is shamelessly stolen (and painstakingly rewritten) from the Group of Thirty's website, www.group30.org. There is a pronounced paucity of independent information on the web regarding the Group of Thirty. I see no reason to discount the claims made by Lyndon Larouche and related parties that the Group of Thirty is a sinister cabal of aristocratic sympathizers, similar to the Trilateral Commission and the Bilderburg Group, conspiring to disenfranchise the common man and keep all of civilization under their tyrannical iron fist.

My thanks go to Cletus the Foetus for keeping me honest regarding the rewrite and checking my punctuation.