1:08AM

I found out that Sara was checking her email while away so I wrote her a letter. I wrote a fairly long letter including a note about how I miss her and that I got her something for christmas. I want to see the tone of her response before I decide if I will ask her if she'd like to go out on a date on New Year's. This wouldn't seem so odd, except that she'll be about a hundred miles away that day, so it will be a little bit of a trip to meet her, even though in a few days she'll be back in town.

Work was boring today. We have some long-term projects, and threats of heavy workloads ahead, but unless I'm given a deadline for something, I'm not getting anything done. So I did *absolutely* nothing today. Most days that I say this, I usually at least did something minimally productive that day, such as starting up a server or installing some software. But today I did absolutely nothing. My guilt will probably kick in tomorrow and force me to write some code for something.

I spent over two and a half hours at the gym today. I spent 3/5 of that on the treadmill, burning 1038 calories. I spent an hour on weights and aerobics, so I imagine that was at least another 500-600 calories, so today I definitely burned off more calories than I took in. I figure I might as well spend my free nights getting caught up at the gym since I'm not able to get there every night anymore.

I finally got an appointment to go to the dentist today. My teeth aren't too bad now, but they can use some improvement. My top teeth are too small so there are some obvious gaps, and I could go with some cleaning to help remove stains. This is the only remaining self-image issue I have, so once this is all straigtened out, I will be much happier with myself.

Ok, I've got a lot of stuff to get done in the next couple of weeks. Time for a list.