01:42 GMT

Last night I went to bed really early, around 10:00pm, so I woke up this morning at 7:00, then forced myself back to sleep because it was too early. Then I woke up again a few more times until around 9:00 when I finally decided to get up. I went over to the Gym for my orientation, but my appointment was double-booked, so I got bumped off to Friday. One of them gave me a quick demo of how to use the treadmill though so I could get at least start doing stuff tonight.

After that, I went back home for a half an hour and then decided to go into work early, since I really didn't have anything else to do. At work, we got a project that needed done by tomorrow, so I made that the top priority, but had to wait on some dependencies before I could do anything.

Everyone brought food in today for a thanksgiving-type of lunch. The production department manager deep-fried six turkeys. I've seen this done on TV (and it didn't turn out too well - more like fireball than butterball), but it seemed to go much better than what I expected. The first turkey had some strange spices in it which I didn't really like, but I tried another normal one later and it was great. TC helped organize most of the food that people brought in; she seemed especially friendly today, and that really brightened up my day.

JS was having a ball reading Cecil Adams's website. I couldn't believe that he'd never heard of Cecil Adams. At one point, I think he might have actually gone over the edge laughing so hard. He said he thought he had blacked out, and he seemed really concerned afterwards. I hope he's ok and that it was just a fluke. If anyone has ever heard of this before, please /msg me. He had a dentist appointment today so he left early thinking he'd be back, but later on called to say he wouldn't be back today.

I got my work caught up and since I was now waiting on JS to finish some code, I went home early. I was going to stop by the Gym on my way home, but I saw that the place was really busy (probably everyone still there from after work). So I went home for an hour and then went back.

I went in, walked around a bit, and then went over to the treadmills and did some walking for about 20 minutes. I was impressed at the technology they have in the treadmills. When you start, you enter your weight and age, and then tell it if you want to go for distance or time. It then measures your heart rate if you put your hands on the bar in front of you. It adjusts the incline to get your heart rate up to a certian point, then readjusts further to keep your heart rate there for the rest of the exercise. Then it gives you a minute to cool down at a slower speed. It shows you how many calories you've burned (I burned 150), and has indication of "watts", but that seemed to go up and down throughout the exercise, so I'm not sure what it means.

I actually worked up a sweat even though I only went 20 minutes at nearly the slowest speed. I really am out of shape. I look forward to going back. There wasn't anything negative about the experience. I always thought of gyms as being full of people who are already fit, and that I would really stand out if I went. There were quite a mix of people there, including young attractive ladies, older (>50) men, the musclemen, and other people like me who looked a little overweight. I didn't talk to anyone while I was there, but I saw quite a few people helping each other out.

<gump>And that's all I have to say about that.</gump>


05:16 GMT

I forgot to mention earlier that I got some DVD's in the mail today. I'm not much into buying movies right now with the MPAA being jerks and all, but I had to get these, as they are movies which I really *really* enjoyed.

I just watched Titan A.E. again. I really like this movie. I don't know why it got such a bad turnout. The only reason I can think is that the adults thought it was for kids, and the kids weren't interested because it was marketed for adults. I think the movie has something missing in the story here and tehre, and that a few points in the plot were not polished off, but there is some really nice scenery, special effects, and music. I love the soundtrack. It's a shame it didn't do well. If you haven't seen it, then I suggest you check it out. You'll probably enjoy it if you're geeky enough to be here reading this. It's not a perfect movie, but it's good entertainment.