- / +

  • Working on the old black-and-green computer in my parents' house. My mother came to talk to me but I knew she was just trying to read my mail. I felt ashamed for thinking that, because we ended up having a really nice talk. But then she started asking me questions about my mail anyway, thing she couldn't have known without reading the screen, so I was pissed all over again.

  • In the store she wouldn't leave me alone about the movie or her new purse. The purse was green plastic and there was something about the pouch on the end that she thought was worth showing me about a million times. She was worried about the Julia Roberts movie because it would take too long and make her late for her flight. Or that watching it would make her sluggish and not able to run in the airport. I kept telling her the same thing over and over, that the movie was fine, and that her purse was great. I had seen the movie with my mother and had pretended to like it, but didn't really.

    As we walked past the overalls I said I wanted some. The other woman laughed and said why not just try them on and walk out, like I did with the jeans in the other store. I was confused because I hadn't known I'd done that. She asked me about my date, and I was confused again - it was taking my brain a few seconds to catch up to the reality of the dream. I told her I'd only asked out a woman because there was no way she'd accept. Totally out of my league, I whispered. Plus, I'm not a lesbian.

  • The psychologist made me stand up so he could inspect my ass. He apologized for doing so, but I understood. It had to do with learning how I responded to emotional crises, because my ass would tell him whether there was any black in me.

  • On the beach the waves were red and aligned all wrong. We were lost in the dunes. The little girl I was with had the sense to head for the sunset, and suddenly we were free, on high firm land. A woman laughed at us as she walked by.

  • A young blonde girl. They made her stand on stage wearing a tshirt that said "I may be the last one of my friends to try acid, but so far, I am dembones.com."

  • "You're monsterriffic!"