Thanksgiving was to be spent in Boston, my ticked named the time of departure as 6:15. The plane was late, though, and after taking a different route (through Atlanta) I faced my two-hour layover. Waiting at what I presumed was my terminal, I fell asleep. Fifteen minutes before departure time I jerked awake, 'that could have been close'. No one was around me. Odd - and the board failed to list the flight number. Another look at my ticket reconfirms my fear. Gate B-28, not B-8. Grabbing my belongings, I ran to the gate labeled by a metallic 8 and sat down with the waiting crowd of people. Departure time is listed as L(something), I interpret it as a delay. Half an hour passed, and still no update. In search for some sort of activity, I advanced to the counter and ask when the plane for Boston was supposed to come in.
   The clerk looked at me as if I had asked for his wife's lingerie. "The Boston flight just left. Are you fiffenburg? we called you out five times!" Well, fuck. Day of thanksgiving and I missed my flight because some announcer couldn't come close to pronouncing my name. Distraught, I took the next flight and left a message at home telling Alexander to tell Andreea of the delay and change of origin. What had happened was that the 8 referred to the gate on my direct left, however both of the waiting areas shared a desk and the destination signs were atop one another.

   Once in Boston and re-united with Andreea we took the airport shuttle out to braintree and were picked up by Steph and her father. Steph has a beautiful face, even if she is a bit out of shape - her father is conservative, but in a liberal way - open to ideas. The majority of her family had already finished eating by the time we arrived, but were glad to eat more and talk to us while we heated up our food. Dehydrated, I wolfed down my wine and procured an unwanted buzz. In conjunction to dealing with my sleepiness I was now buzzing but still the center of attention. Clumbsily I got up to heat my plate in the microwave, but Steph's mother took it from me. I don't think they noticed, but I certainly did... Finally, dinner was over. In the living room I talked to Steph's brother about network security and the duration of federal charges until Steph and Andreea came in and took their places. Plans were debated and it was decided that we would go to one of Steph's friends houses and rent a movie to see with them. We did go to their house and talk to mainly her aunt and friends, there we learned that someone once died while playing fluffy chubby bunny and that said aunt was concerned about her niece and friends playing. I commented that that person's dying words must have been "Fluffy Chubby," people laugh at this and the image of choking on a marshmallow. But it would be horrible, I almost choked once. It's like drowning, but there is no water. Everything becomes so much more appearant, the beauty of the world is so much clearer... but death is certain, you try to sneak a peak.
   On the way back we pick up some snacks and a movie (Magnolia;) Steph comes outside with me so I can get my suitcase out of her dad's trunk. She looks at the stars and asks where the big dipper is. Aside her, I point out the north star and connected handle of it... her face is next to mine, timeless. I point closer, lean in to her. Our faces turn slightly, eyes meet. Kiss her or not? The second of hestitation lingers for what seem like minutes. Eventually we broke out gaze and looked back up. I would only be here for a day, this would only stir trouble. Back inside, we watch the movie (which is incredible, a must-see by any means.) Eventually it was over and we retired, I slept in a cot in the basement. Not too bad.