(This is something I meant to write for May 18, 2001 but I didn't get a chance to. So some of this stuff no longer applies)

It's so pathetically true that only when you truly don't want some "significant other" they all come running. Bastards.

I don't want anyone, at all. Leave me alone I tell them! But no, now they all decide to start liking me. Well not everyone, but a couple of guys, which is a couple more before. I don't want a relationship. I don't even want anything at all.

This is great! No more crying myself to sleep. No more drinking and collapsing on my bedroom floor. I'm free from the wrath of wanting to be with Jesse. Don't get me wrong, I will always love Jesse. He was my first, well...anyway. But I don't need him. I wouldn't mind if he called to "check up on me" like he used to. I wouldn't mind talking to him sometimes. But hey, I'm not going to get all melodramatic, it's only been five days. What about that best friend of his? He doesn't know anything about that. Maybe he'll ask me someday, or maybe he already knows.

I have a wonderful Prom date though, Mike the "cutie with gorgeous blue eyes". I wonder if anything might happen with him Prom night? I don't want to corrupt him. I'm having a majorly fun and fantabulous party at my house because my parents are gone that weekend. I am going to spend all of next weekend with him so I hope that goes well. Not that I want anything to come out of it, I don't want a relationship remember?